Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

WinXP booting issue

0 0

I have a fairly new desktop pc i built with WinXP installed. every now and then, however, i will turn it off and when it starts back up it will go to the windows loading page with the loading bar and than all of a sudden it shuts off and does he same thing all over again and again and again. I used to just reset my setting back a few days but but now it isnt working and i ant use my desktop anymore. can anybody help with this issue? I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

Try to restore windows

1. Get the install CD put it in.

2. Boot PC

3. Boot to CD

4. Get to the partition section where it lets u delete or install windows on a diffrent partition.

5. Press r on the partition u want to restore.

make sure u have the product code

this will install all the primary windows files but wont delete any of ur documents or programs.

hope it helps

0 0

so that wont delete my stuff already downloaded? I cant lose anything i have. i have my senior paper on that computer.

0 0

vegeta_man111 wrote: so that wont delete my stuff already downloaded? I cant lose anything i have. i have my senior paper on that computer.

No. It's the same thing as the system restore feature in windows, you can use it off of the windows XP CD.

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

All its doing is replacing the system files :) backup ur stuff if u dont trust me

0 0

is there any other way? cant find my cd right now, but i will be able to look better for it in the morning. just didnt know if anybody had any other ideas.