Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

HELP WITH PHPSESSID

0 0

is there any way to resolve a host PHPSSID for a site? or where would one look to find a host PHPSESSID? thanks for any feedback.:D

0 1

sorry but im completely lost as to what you mean.

you have your session… and you want to do what with it?

0 0

You mean resolve the host where the session was created? If that's the case then just get Add 'n' Edit Cookies extension for Firefox and look over the path of the session cookie.

Banned
0 0

javascript:alert(document.cookie);

;x

0 0

no no. i can see the session id and no need to use javascript to see the cookie i have a cookie editor tool for firefox. Ok here is my situation maybe this will clear it up. -I try and view and admin restricted page on a site (www.example.com/admin.php) and it gives me an internal server error and says check your settings. I want to see if it would let me view the page if i had the admin PHPSESSID. (PHPSESSID=????????)

-so where on a site does it generate an id for an admin. -or is it even possible to find an id or is it only generated if you sign in as an admin? -i can veiw all their directorys like admin_log.tlp, admin.tlp, admins.tlp and so on if this would help me

sry if my questions are confusing im trying to word them the best i can, thanks for all the feedback guys:)

"and maybe what root said is what i want. ill try it. thx man" (edit: the path of the cookie just says "/" what does that mean?)

Banned
0 0

It generates the PHPSESSID on login, probably.

0 0

yeah but doesn't it come from some source? that i could possibly look at…

0 1

source??

what are you on about.

the code ? or the location?

the location = admin login area, where ever that is. code = you cant see server side code.

0 0

and the session id is random, if that is what you are asking, so there is not a way that you would be able to generate the admin session just by looking at the source

0 0

@Gamertag07v2

my advice to you is read read read!!!!

if you dont understand it then google it and search for it at wikipedia, a topic like this would have loads of materials. I know everyone says this advice but it is the best way.

0 0

Thanks everyone for the help. Im still kinda lost….im pretty sure that i wont be able to find what im looking for with the files im allowed to see. so im going to take a different approach. Iim going to keep trying to hack the site im messing with ill tell you if i get in with admin control. Thanks tho everyone who took the time to reply:D