Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

fedora vs ubuntu

0 0

I currently use Ubuntu 7.04 and received a copy of Fedora Core one from my school. I would like to know if anyone has compared the two and which they think is better? Thanks!

@admin: Sorry i posted in the wrong thread!

0 1

Well I've tried both, but I think i prefer ubuntu better over fedora as it's supports a wide range of hardware, and I prefer Debian over RPM architechture. Debian's architechture is way easier to use than RPM.

Personal opinion, ok?

0 0

Ok well thats what i am looking for is personal opinions. So i know whether or not it would be the right OS for me. thanks

0 0

try it yourself. see what OS fits you correctly. I run a few different ones, because no one operating system fills all my needs.

:D

0 0

eh, i'm with whoever said rpm architecture wasnt as good as debian:P i find the package managers usually need longer to install, and it's generally slower downloading too (in my experience) however, to each his own

0 0

i personally prefer slackware. but i just like being able to do what i please. I do plan on getting LFS (linux from scratch) next .:D

0 0

i like debian the most but you should begin with ubuntu which is before getting into debian (which is what i did) but theres no better distro, there's just 'more appropriate to your needs' so go out and try new ones, thats the whole point of it!!