Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Administrative rights?

20 0

I am the administrator on my laptop. There is only one account, and that is mine.

With that said, I am having a problem with Cain and Abel.

I run the program and it says: "Cain needs local Administrative rights."

But I'm the administrator. What would I do to go about fixing this problem?

0 0

you running Vista? if so you can right-click and choose "run as administrator" or go to properties and check the checkbox under advanced next to "run as administrator" if its not vista, then i dont really know:P happened to me on XP once, just made my account admin again, then it worked

Banned
0 0

Qu4ntum wrote: you running Vista? if so you can right-click and choose "run as administrator" or go to properties and check the checkbox under advanced next to "run as administrator" if its not vista, then i dont really know:P happened to me on XP once, just made my account admin again, then it worked

You have a run as option too in XP.

0 0

really? never noticed it before:P

0 0

The option only appears if you're not an Administrator, if I'm right.

Banned
0 0

-Tov- wrote: The option only appears if you're not an Administrator, if I'm right. Not in Windows XP ;x

0 0

Talking about WinXP, But the if I'm right means .. well.. If I'm right ^^ I checked on my pc (WinXPpro), where I have administrator rights and it doesn't appear. 0_0

Banned
0 0

-Tov- wrote: Talking about WinXP, But the if I'm right means .. well.. If I'm right ^^ I checked on my pc (WinXPpro), where I have administrator rights and it doesn't appear. 0_0

Try right-mouse button on a .exe file.

0 0

Ok.. I am a noob, prolly a big noob compared to you.. But this.. I'm not THAT stupid. =)

But, as I said I can be wrong, but I didn't see the option on my 'puter.

Admin from hell
0 0

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cain, Rt click to permissions and change your account to full control. If it is set at full control Post back.

Edit: Just to clarify if you rt click on a program.exe you can choose "run as" and select administrator, But this is temporary. If you change your registry value it's perminent [/reedit]

0 0

learn something new every day, dontcha?:P

0 0

just make yourself SYSTEM and do it if you need to, it's not hard ;)

EDIT: Note: it won't work on Vista, but you can always just disable UAC ;)

20 0

Alright, I did as you all said and it works now. But does anyone have an explanation with as to why Vista makes programs assume that you aren't the Local Administrator?