Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Files chaning name help psl

0 0

Ive been experimenting on my school's computers and now ´found some nice things, but the computer is changing the name from something.exe to something.0.avb. And when i change back the computer changes it almost instantly

the changes are only for that program and what i create

i cant find anything on google about this so im going to ask you pros

please help me how to get rid of this problem

Thanks in advance jinglehacki

And for those who wonder what program it was, it was ProRAT, dont worry, im not doing anything bad, just for educational purposes

0 0

Thats probably some sort of antivirus mechanism - the antivirus is probably marking it as an infected file.

Solution therefore is probably to disable the antivirus.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

if you name it explore.exe it should leave it alone.

Greyhat in Training
0 0

FaTaL_PrIdE wrote: Thats probably some sort of antivirus mechanism - the antivirus is probably marking it as an infected file.

Looks like FaTaL_PrIdE is right, take a look at the link below…

http://filext.com/file-extension/avb

Zer0Man

0 0

ynori7 wrote: if you name it explore.exe it should leave it alone.

thanks dude ill try it.

i suspected something like that, but the antivirus is hidden and ill have to do some searching thanks guys :D

Later Edit:

nope it didnt work, sorry guys =( please could anyone of you try to find a solution ( i will try but im not as good as you)

found out that the antivirus is Inoculan Antivirus from Zonealarm

0 0

I don't know if the antivirus-software just changes it's name, so it doesn't execute. Sol 1. If it doesn't actually change the file, you might be able to execute it in some other way manually..

Sol2 - This one might actually work :p. Zip the .exe (ie on your home-pc), Next, go to your school-pc and open the zip, in the zip, doubleclick the.exe. With a bit of luck it will execute. It might be though, that the antivir takes action while you're trying,

0 0

well i can execute it, i just change the extension to .exe and press enter fast, but the trouble comes when i shall upload the server its hard to be fast enough to change and press upload

0 0

Well since I see you guys figured out it was the AV changing the files names. I dont see why you just cant go into the task manager and find the AV process and terminate it. Windows defender has a task manager tool, and you can also use a different task manager, there is one called advanced task anager. For all my schools AV's I could easily terminate them, and they used windows defender, and some other one I dont remember the name.

If you have a restricted account you will need to access an admin account then you will be able to get rid of it definently.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

there's super task managers that let you mess with just about anything. worst case you could always set windows firewall to block it. i've done that to some of my school's programs.

0 0

i believe he meant "explorer.exe" just so everyone knows thats clear…

there should be lots of other ways of getting around this. can you run batch? if so, make a batch file that names it .exe then runs it right after.

if you cant, try the same thing above with a .exe.

there are other ways as well, tell us if those work.

0 0

undergrounddlz wrote: Well since I see you guys figured out it was the AV changing the files names. I dont see why you just cant go into the task manager and find the AV process and terminate it. Windows defender has a task manager tool, and you can also use a different task manager, there is one called advanced task anager. For all my schools AV's I could easily terminate them, and they used windows defender, and some other one I dont remember the name.

If you have a restricted account you will need to access an admin account then you will be able to get rid of it definently.

ok, thanks i have a restricted account but some dude recommended oph crack so ill try it thanks guys =)

0 0

darn, you need admin password for boot menu… havent tried the older computers yet,

the antivirus doesnt show up in adv tsk mgr