Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Linux- MP-BIOS bug error

0 0

ok, as soon as i boot up and the kernel begins to load i get the error, "MP-BIOS bug:8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC. ive read several different suggestions for the fix but most places just say to try to enter it into boot paramaters as noapic, this causes my screen to blackout and freeze, other places say to turn it off in the bios but i dont have a spot to do that, and i dont believe that would help sence the other way froze me. to me it would seem i would have to have that running. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

0 0

Do you have the Live CD? If so boot up to that and edit BOISQ Linux N00b, just my input.

0 0

0 0

mupto wrote: everyone has to start somewhere so go flame elsewhere, and your feedback makes no sence whatsoever.

he wasn't flaming, and his feedback makes perfect sense. let me analyze it for you:

Do you have the Live CD?

Here, he's wondering if you have your linux live CD, which allows you to load the OS into memory.

If so boot up to that and edit BOIS?

He states, if you have that cd, you should boot it up and edit the BIOS from there.

Linux N00b, just my input.

Here, he says that HE (not you, I believe this is where you went wrong) is a linux "N00b", and is merely offering you what he does know out of the kindness of his heart.

okay? got it?

0 0

Thanks lesserlightofheaven for clearing that up..

0 0

sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes i do have a live cd. but what would i change in the bios? turn off apic? if so wouldnt i get the same results when entering kernel boot perameters of no apic?

0 0

when altering the bios or the boot paramaters with noapic i get the same result, i get a black screen as soon as it starts to boot and stays that way.

0 0

i had bios problems a while ago. just get someone who knows a lot about this and pay him 10$ to fix it for you. itll save you hours of work. believe me i worked on it for 3 days till i gave up and did this.

edit: my problem was more serious than this though

0 0

mupto wrote: when altering the bios or the boot paramaters with noapic i get the same result, i get a black screen as soon as it starts to boot and stays that way.

A quick Google search turned up other options than just "noapic" in the boot options. Keep searching… it seems to be a common problem, but it doesn't seem to have a shortage of solutions.