Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hrrm...Video playback trouble...

0 0

I have a problem. Im not exactly sure when this started happening, so details on that will be limited…

Anyway, for some reason, some time after startup, my video files refuse to playback correctly. It almost looks as if every frame has been sent through the Photoshop "Glowing Edges" effect, except pink, purple, and pixelated.

I can run video fine right off the bat of a fresh bootup, but sometime after (maybe after playing a game or two), the effect sets in and I cannot watch any movies (including embedded AVIs).

Scanned the comp with Norton (yeah, have to finish my subscription to that before getting rid of it or waste my mothers money), Spybot, and Ad-aware. The search turned up negative for anything other than some bad cookies and one thing of minor adware (turned out to be a false positive).

Ran dxdiag (I know this most likely would not help, but I've had stranger things happen). Came up with 2 debug files it told me to update (I did, but it still finds them for some reason).

Im not quite sure as to what's causing this, but its becoming a headache having to restart every time I want to watch/work with videos.

Might it be a codec problem? If so, why does it work for some time after startup?

0 0

Anybody have any idea whatsoever as to whats causing this?

I am continuing to search for the answers, but none are extremely obvious…

Admin from hell
0 0

How about some more info? What are you using to watch videos on, System info cpu,video,ram. Sounds like a video card taking a dump but give some more info and we'll see.

0 0

Ok, time for more info I guess.

It happens approx. 10-20 minutes after startup.

It does not matter what I watch it on (note, embedded AVI comment in first post), but it seems to affect the formats AVI, WMV, MPG, and possibly MOV, but not game formats like CIN or BIK.

System Info:

• Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
  • FOXCONN Sol Series 945P7AA MotherBoard
  • 2.8 ghz Pentium D dual core CPU
  • 1024MB (512x2) Transcend Jetram 240-pin DDR2 667
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256mb PCI-E
  • SB Audigy 2 Audio [DF00]
  • Logitech Cordless USB Mouse
  • 201GB total HDD space (IDE)

All my games (except for FlyFF, for some weird BSOD reason that I cannot pin down) run perfectly fine before and after this effect occurs.

Miscellanous Info:

• No memory leaks detected. (On any programs)
  • System is clean of any obvious malware.
  • My codecs appear to be fully up-to-date
  • All drivers are up-to-date
  • I have not tried a rollback yet.
  • HDDs have all been recently Defragmented.
  • All HDDs have been scanned for errors.
  • I havent mucked around in my registry since about January (8 months before this started happening).
  • Windows "Repair Install" did nothing.

And thats pretty much all the data I've collected on this situation so far.

0 0

So is everyone here as stumped as I am?

0 0

A week's worth of fiddling with this computer and still no solution…

Google is not helping…

Im at my wits end here…

Has ANYONE here ever experienced this problem before and/or know of anything to do to solve this problem?