Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

PhoenixBIOS CPU Temperature

0 0

my friend have this problem: when he playing games, or he will reset the system, his computer "will start beeping" we are solving this problem via icq… its bad, i know, but there isnt any other way. i decided that it is a CPU temperature warning, which can be found in AWARD BIOS under PC Health Status but with info and content that he gave me i decided that it is PhoenixBIOS. i am using AWARD BIOS, so i dont know this PhoenixBIOS very well. i'm trying to look at that BIOS in VMWare, but its probably not that version that he is using, because i cant find an option to shut down that warning, or set it up to any value (higher) so if anyone knows where i can find this temperature monitor of cpu and where to shut it down, please help me. thanks in advance

0 0

Disconnect the motherboard speaker :P

That'll shut it up!

0 0

i cant do this. he have on his case some label, and if he remove it (and if he opens it, he will remove it) he'll lost a guarantee to his computer.

0 0

If its uner guarentee, take it back as its over heating. The fans evidently are not sufficient for the system.

0 0

yes… but i have another info for now.. its not probably that BIOS i will try to translate you all that he say on icq: <he> its pretty shit. i'll start the computer. it normally start. but instead of system i'll get a blue screen, then it write that i can only get rid of it by resetting the system, so i'll reset it, it'll start beeping and dont stop beyond you nail down the power button (on case) then it continuing with beeping and then it finally start the system <me> and what it writing? <he> i dont know, you calling it Blue Screen of Death

so sorry for bad info, he is getting the BSOD, its NOT probably in computer temperature. is it something on the MB?

Banned
0 0

We need the error on the blue screen of death.

0 0

There are different beep codes representing different things - CPU error, RAM error etc. He needs to read his motherboard manual to find out what the beep he is getting means.

If its a hardware thing though then I'd def go for the warranty option.

0 0

my god… can windows machine run without kernel? that bsod code means that his kernel is missing i was in think that the kernel is core of windows system, as it in linux so i think that it cannot run without kernel he also told me that it freezed when loading the system, so he restarted it and it beeped again. huh i remember that he told me before 2 weeks that he has infected the kernel32.dll (core system library) and he DELETED it. so now the only way for him is to reinstall the system. correct me if i am wrong.

0 0

Not sure how he managed to delete the kernel32.dll a system file (unless he used a boot disc/live cd?)

But yes, I think he needs an OS reinstallation. kernel32.dll is kinda important ;)

0 0

yes i know. to the ring0 has only systen access, yes? i dont know how did he managed this. btw. maybe this is my failure. he deleted it with antivirus. if he deleted it under Administrator's account…. he told me that he deleted the "kernel" and the BSOD writes to him that the "kernel" is missing. i automatically taked under the "kernel" the kernel32.dll library. but if theres another "kernel" that isnt under ring0, which he can delete with av… and which can do this problems… maybe theres another fix for it instead of reinstalling the OS?

0 0

Start in fail-safe mode and use system restoration. This works in most cases ;)

Banned
0 0

In doubt: shoot first, ask questions later.

(If you can't get it to work just reinstall)

0 0

Lets face it though, if windows has been installed more than a week it probably could do with a reinstall :P

0 0

yes the system restoration would be fine. he have his windows about… 1,5 year… its home edition

0 0

Uber0n wrote: Start in fail-safe mode and use system restoration. This works in most cases ;)

Or:

1. Backup your important files somewhere (just in case).
  2. Use the WinXP Home CD to reinstall.

Usually, if there's already an installation, the XP install process will just restore system files and leave everything else intact. First, though, try the Repair option at the beginning of the install process; it's SUPPOSED to restore the system files.

The kernel32 error could be caused by a corrupted kernel32.dll, a failed process initiated by kernel32.dll, or bad sectors /physical damage on the HDD. Either way, the answer is: system recovery.

As far as the CPU temperature in PhoenixBIOS, I think that is only in the most recent versions. It would be obvious if yours has that feature: Diagnostics or some such. I don't know for sure because I never use /modify that feature. Since it's still under warranty, just follow the advice above: send it in for RMA.

0 0

ok, thanks to all for help. i will try the system recovery. hope that helps.