Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

On Boot a Dll pop up Error

0 0

So i was helping my friends out and working on their family computer. and it turns out they had 22 trojans and 44 cases of spyware. but now everytime windows boots i get this error

Error Loading 0cw80lwc.dll the specific moduel could not be found

i have search alot of online Databases for this Dll and couldn't find anything is this just a fragment of a viruse or something really needed fixing? feed back would be awesome peace guys

0 0

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and checking the system's startup programs (Start, Run, "msconfig", Startup tab)?

As for what the DLL is, I think this link pretty well covers it (found easily through a Google search):

http://research.sunbelt-software.com/threatdisplay.aspx?name=Unclassified.Spyware.149&threatid=43528

Boot into Safe Mode, run an AV & AS scan (Avast & SuperAntiSpyware are too good ones, respectively), remove any startup programs you don't recognize in msconfig, and also check the other Startup location (Start, All Programs, Startup) for anything you don't recognize.

Post back with how that goes.