Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Rooting 3

0 0

yeah it says 3.

so i completed both rooting challenges today and they were a lot of fun. so i thought ''hbh should get some more rooting challenges"

but i cant possibly code one of those so im just saying this here and encouraging people to add more rooting challenges cos theyre awesome.

0 0

I agree… if I knew how to code one, I would code many, but since I don't, I think whoever is clever enough to do so should… :D

0 0

that coding challenge that hbh had they posted the results..

one of the winners was ::

zeke - rooting challenge - 40 points

so i think one may be on the wayB)

0 0

as in with a trace route or a ping? that would be a bit hard to emulate methinks. ALOT of possiblities to put in there…but a good idea all the same. im sure its doable. and yeah, we do have rooting 3 coming out soon enough

0 0

only_samurai wrote: as in with a trace route or a ping? that would be a bit hard to emulate methinks. ALOT of possiblities to put in there…but a good idea all the same. im sure its doable. and yeah, we do have rooting 3 coming out soon enough

Not too hard to make a simulated ping… i made this in about 30 seconds with little knowledge of java… you being the java jedi should be able to school this but here:

public static void main ( String [ ] args ) {

IStream Input = new IStream( );

System.out.print ("Type command:");
String ping = Input.getString ();

if (ping.equals ("ping 127.0.0.1") )
	System.out.println ("Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data ");
	System.out.println ("Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time=18ms TIL=244" );
	System.out.pringln ("Ping statistics 127.0.0.1:");
		System.out.pringln ("PING INFO HERE");
else 
System.out.println ("No command found");
try { System.in.read () ; }
		catch (Exception e) {}

}
	}```

0 0

ever heard of 'real' rooting challenges? smashthestack, pulltheplug, intruded, …

Python Ninja
0 0

admins… can EM's have the challenges to beta soon? please? does his best to look cute

0 0

@biggnic, i don't think samurai was talking about the code, he was talking about the > PING INFO HERE

There's a lot of things that can go in there and to be as specific as allowing the user to ping, traceroute, and many other commands with a realistic output would be time-consuming (unless you had a realistic target in your midst). Although, i'd like to see them implement a tracerout where it hits a firewall and you have to figure out that it hit a firewall (which wouldn't be hard), then "take out" the firewall or "firewalk" it. Something like that implemented would be cool.

0 0

Ok, since I saw that people wanted to get more "rooting challenges". I'll take a try making one. By me making one, you agree that it can be a tough challenge, but it's more fun when it's harder :)

Regards, Fc1x

0 0

i DID write a rootiong challenge, it was originally going to be rooting 2, but cheese decided he was going to add it into the HBH game, which got lost and became untouched :/