Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Rooting 2>

0 0

Hello,

Im obviously confused by this rooting challenge… I understand that I need to find where the files/logs are stored in order for me to delete the file mentioned in the beginning of the root…

However when i try to change from one directory I dont know where to go… or perhaps I am doing it wrong… I try to cd to basic directories however it wont let me…. I have googled on the list of directories in a linux based system and couldnt find ne thing….

so far I have got nothing… I will continue to try though… hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me… and if not then i suppose I will have to figure it out somehow..

0 0

took me a while too, because it doesn't let you in quite a few of the major directories… but just check around, maybe in a personal folder? Just remember to use cat for the txt files to read the contents, because lots of people don't use the most obvious filenames.

Hopefully, you'll find it if you just poke around for a little bit…. took me a while, but, understand that we can't really tell you the exact directory, cause that pretty much defeats the purpose of the challenge. If you look in the articles, theres a great one for the rooting challenge that has a layout of an example linux directory tree. Look there for reference, maybe you'll find a directory you haven't tried yet.

0 0

I've rummaged through 4 directories so far… and still pushing…. just figured someone could inform me on a way to possibly list the directories with in the console… which is what i believe we are supposed to be rooting through.. even though it is just an application that deals with if -then scripts….

hmmm this is gonna take a while…. but heck its gonna get me used to linux i suppose… but it is indeed nerve racking

thank you for the help……… still wouldnt mind having more light shed… but still thank you

0 0

ps… using the ls command will show sub directories as well as files… Yeah, I set up linux at home… my personal directory is /home/myusername/