Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

etc...etc...etc...

0 0

I too have read every thread and article on this challenge. But I remain lost when it comes to going from one /directory to the other. I have moved up but cant seem to go side to side. And yes I pretended that my / button was broken and still lost the connection. How do i get into the etc dir? from this point: /
any help would be wonderful!:radio:

0 0

ls (list drives)

cd dir\

to go back you can do this:

cd ..

help?

0 0

Regretfully, No. I know there must be a command in between the second cd .. command and arriving at the /etc/ dir. and this is the one that I am either not seeing or not typing correctly. From the " Current directory: / " I have tried the following:

1. ls
  2. cd dir\
  3. \etc
  4. cd dir\etc
  5. etcedora etcedora ……… I know I must be doing something wrong please tell me what that might be…

0 0

I understand that "rooting" may seem appealing but it's actually simple UNIX commands. May I recommend doing some other challenges? Maybe even burn an LiveCD and try moving around linux a bit.

0 0

Rooting 1, is actually simple once you figure it out… simple enough to where when u get it you'll kick urself in the ass…

Have you tried the cat command to go to etc?

you should notice when it starts u out once u use the ftp command to the server… it puts u in his home dir

so then u need to go back a couple obviously so go back…. then when u get where u think u need to be then try the cat command for the etc folder…. the u'll have to cd in a folder for the passwd….

There are two spoilers in this that if u think about em you'll figure em out

0 0

rooting 1 is nothing like real life , first of all if your in a account with no shell like this you can't even log into the system except through a file manager , or ftp and also for what you guys are saying linux dosn't support stuff like cd \home\ it has to be with these slashes / like cd /home/

0 0

Ya I dont understand this and I am really into rooting…. Ive even went and tryed "%2e%2e%2f" and the like. SStill no results.

0 0

Patient0 wrote: Ya I dont understand this and I am really into rooting…. Ive even went and tryed "%2e%2e%2f" and the like. SStill no results.

if you know anything about the commands you can use, you would have used the very simple one that swiftnomad said, and then went from there…

0 0

I I tryed that but I must have mistyped