Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Problem with Root 2 (or with my brain)

0 0

I know where the google files are and I try to use the remove files command, but I just the "File could not be found in:" error. Is it me or the program?

0 0

A lot of people got it… So just try harder… And use unix commands for everything, but don't delete or change the '/dir/example>' thing (not an actual folder)

0 0

I think it's just you :p

Nah seriously, make sure you're in the right directory. You'll get it. Just make a few different tries.

0 0

You're supposed to delete googlefiles.(I can't remember the extention), right? Well I'm in that folder, and I type (I'm doing my best to explain without spoilers): (remove file command) /(the directories)/googlefiles.(whatever) and that doesn't work. Shouldn't it, or is that file a trick?

Python Ninja
0 0

you only need put the name od the file after rm. so if i was at / and i wanted to delete /usr/example/file.txt

then i'd type cd /usr/example then rm file.txt

0 0

Never mind, I always type out the full directory when I use commands that delete things, it expects you to be in that directory and just type the command and the file (without its directories). That's the thing about these kinds of challenges, something that might work in real life might not work on the challenge. I understand though, when you're coding something like this, you can't anticipate every exact wording a command might have. Thanks anyways!