Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

using CAT after getting into /etc/ dir

0 0

ive gotten in to the dir of /etc/ and cant figure out how to use the Cat i have tried typing cat and it disconnects me so i figured it was the password but it didnt work either can somone give me an idea of what im doing wrong and i dont want it to b spoilled :D

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

you need to use the command "cat filename" so you need to know the name of the file hopes tht helps?

0 0

What are you trying to do. CAT alone isn't going to do much…

0 0

i dont know how to use cat i do cat passwd.txt and it dont work any help??

0 0

first off google about how linux stores its passwords and where. then its smooth sailing from there, however realize that this is a simulation and every command is not going to work. therefore, simply take it one step at a time.

0 0

why dont you explain what your trying todo and then maybe we can help more

0 0

only_samurai wrote: why dont you explain what your trying todo and then maybe we can help moreThis is just a wild guess, but I think he's trying to complete the challenge :p

You should understand what the 'cat' function does and how it works, then applying it would make much more sense. Can it only be used on files? ;)

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

try just using the filename with out the exension

0 0

you gave it away :right: