Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

rooting

0 0

Ok i have been interested in rooting for sometime now but i still have very little info on it. If have googled it several times but usually i get something around the lines of "Rooting is the porcess of gaining unauthorized access on a system". I want tot learn how to root a system but i dont know where to start. Can someone plz tell me the things i need to know in order to do some rooting? Various ways of gaining root on a system. Basicially what im asking is for someone to show me the basics just to get me started then i want to learn on my own. Any help would b appreciated.

0 0

I am still learning myself but I will tell you what i know:

1. Get the IP of your target and other information (the more information the better)
  2. Port scan your target with a tool such Nmap or code your own scanner
  3. Determine what ports are open and which ones can be exploited (for your particular purpose rooting)
  4. Depending on what OS your target is running you will have a different approach in gaining root

You should also start out with trying the rooting challenge on this site. It is not very realistic but you will get the basics from it.

Admin from hell
0 0

Learn some basic dos commands, Telnet,ftp,netstat,nbtstat,netview,etc.Google some of these it will help you. Also try netcat.

0 0

kk thx guys. :D does any one else have any tips?