Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

ftp>...help

0 0

okay so i get to the Current Directory but i cant change it im usin' cd i even know where the linux password and expire dates are stored in /etc/…./

but it just wont work

please help me out:(

0 0

Ok, i dont know if this is a spoiler or not, but im gonna tell you something about CD used in the rooting challenge. Actually, a lot of that challenge is incorrect, or makes you do things unnecesary. My problem with these challenges, and why i dont have any problem with telling him this is, is that some people, me, are ocming ehre without any hacking knowledge what so ever, and practiacally the onyl way to learn the skillz needed to complete teh challenges is by flat out asking. I mean, i was coming here without knowing what a source is!! And where should i find something like that?? im not gonna google source cause i dont know what one is. But, back to point:

The thing with CD here is, is that your not chaning it to a specific directory. Like if your command prompt starts out like:

C:&*92;>DOcuments and settings&*92;Your name&*92;Desktop

And you wanted to change taht directroy to C:&*92;, then you would jsut do this:

cd C:&*92;

And it would go to C:/ drive.

Now, since you are just abcking up in the directory, you are going to make it a little simpler, btu it actually amke no sense, and i dont see how were supposed to ge thtis by ourselves…

cd ..

You have to use the .. after cd to make teh directoy go back a line. Keep doing it and…you can get the rest i think. If you want any more help, feel free to get me on AIM at ttcquickshot or PM. Im bored.

*NOTE–there was a problem with what i am geussing was an HTML coding or somethign confusion, and where you see &*92, that is the backslash.

0 0

after figuring out how to navigate the file system ….. that seemed way to easy…

0 0

How is

cd ..

So esoteric that you'd never heard of it before? .. is just the directory one level below you. True the implementation of the cd command in thet challenge is messed up, but really, moving down one level shouldn't be a secret…

0 0

okay ive read up on [Meow] and ie been trying an endless string of combinations can some plz PM and help me out so i dont give away any spoilers

0 0

REMOVED BECAUSE OF SPOILER :whoa:

0 0

well tahts kinda…spoilerish…

0 0

:)) Nothing to add… =))

0 0

Is [REMOVED:evil:]always used to open a file in ftp?

The Manager
0 0

SwiftNomad wrote: REMOVED BECAUSE OF SPOILER :whoa:

yeah…spoiler :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :wow: