Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

root 3 broken

0 0

Ok i found out how to get to the "program", just took some digging. But when i run it, it says it executed, but hen i says "msg is not a command" or some crap like that. So i did some research and apparently the msg command only works on business versions of windows, plz help

10 9

Using the 'msg' command is not part of the challenge anyway, so it won't stop you completing it regardless of what operating system you're using.

You're only seeing that error message because the 'msg' command was called internally by the root3.exe as it was intended to pop up a confirmation message when you executed the file.

Address = 004042A6 Command = MOV DWORD PTR SS:[ESP],root3.004473D8 Comments = ASCII "msg * Well done, you are 1/2 way there. You can now extract the hash with the extract command. Try help for more details." The important thing is the file has been executed, but you already knew that anyway, so now you can move onto extracting the hash.