Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

rooting 1, ftp

0 0

I've just completed it and the last command you should use (starting with c) left me pondering. I'm a linux user for many years, and I'm bloody familiar with it, but why on earth should I use it over ftp?! I was trying to 'get' the required file unsuccessfully, then man, then think, then try, then man… After all that I went for a spoiler here and found it. But this is no ftp protocol, no, it is not!

I'm not still sure, if i'm writing a letter of complaint or asking something. Ok, what ftp server does the program emulate?

0 0

deathclaw wrote: But this is no ftp protocol, no, it is not! Correct.

It's just not a very realistic challenge.

0 0

deathclaw wrote: Ok, what ftp server does the program emulate?

The program doesn't connect to any FTP server, instead you could work with that file offline. Reason is that, they have to protecting an FTP server is a tedious process, so they've made an challenge which is virtually exploiting.:whoa:

0 0

Sorry, grammar mistake its free writing.

0 0

ghostraider100 wrote: [quote]deathclaw wrote: Ok, what ftp server does the program emulate?

The program doesn't connect to any FTP server[/quote] I'm pretty sure deathclaw understands that.

ghostraider100 wrote: Sorry, grammar mistake its free writing. There's an edit button for forum posts.

0 0

[quote]ghostraider100 wrote: [quote]deathclaw wrote: Ok, what ftp server does the program emulate?[/quote]

The program doesn't connect to any FTP server

I'm pretty sure deathclaw understands that.

ghostraider100 wrote: Sorry, grammar mistake its free writing.

There's an edit button for forum posts. [/quote]

Yeah, i was tooo sleepy wen i was replyin. Not able to write it and my net was damn slow.