Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

rooting 1

0 0

i have problem with this challenge. i get in ftp and write cat ../../etc/passwd but id doesnt work. what i gonna do?

0 0

This challenge SUCKS.

If you want to grab the points, read an article on it. Left menu <-

0 0

While thats a valid linux command, and would normally work. This challenge is more simplified. I.e you can only enter one command at a time.

Also if you had read other threads on this subject, you would have seen that.

0 0

i tryied cat /etc/passwd and i tryied cat /etc/shadow nothing work

0 0

alt_Apocalypse wrote: i tryied cat /etc/passwd and i tryied cat /etc/shadow nothing work

alright a bit of a sploiler but consider how you can break up commands.

cd ../../../../blah/blah/blah

could also be done with cd .. cd .. cd .. cd .. cd blah cd blah cd blah

get the idea

0 0

alright a bit of a sploiler but consider how you can break up commands.

could also be done with cd .. cd .. cd .. cd .. cd blah cd blah cd blah i know it. i need to get passwd file. to get it i should use 'cat' to get passwd directory i should write cd ../../etc/ but if i need the pass file, i use cat ../../etc/passwd but nothing work

0 0

alt_Apocalypse wrote: [quote]alright a bit of a sploiler but consider how you can break up commands.

could also be done with cd .. cd .. cd .. cd .. cd blah cd blah cd blah i know it. i need to get passwd file. to get it i should use 'cat' to get passwd directory i should write cd ../../etc/ but if i need the pass file, i use cat ../../etc/passwd but nothing work[/quote]

your reading comprehension needs work. what character do you see in your lines that isnt in mine? Ohhhh the '/' character DONT USE IT

0 0

thanks. i get it. oh its so easy. ha-ha