Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Rooting Challenge 2

0 0

The mission was very easy but one thing that is lingering is bothering me. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. In one of the directories, we find a note that tells the "admin" to remind GreyShadow to change his "p4ssw0rd". When you go into a certain directory, and try to cat a file rather than delete it, you get prompted with user> and password>. I was diverted with this for quite some time trying to read the contents of the file (despite it being simulated zipped). Was there a point to giving us the clue in the note in order to be able to read the file? The mission was completed without having to read it, I'm just wondering if there was a reason to try to read the file first. I spent quite a bit of time trying to supply the correct user and password, using the contents of the note as my basis for trying to open it.

0 0

The only thing I could think of is that it would be used to make the challenge seem more realistic.