Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Help I cant get anywhere

0 0

I know batch scripting and for rooting 3 I should be able to type cd C:\Documents and Settings

to gain access to docs and settings directory but it gives me an error

"Invalid Command or incorrect parameters"

all others work.

I guess what im asking is what is the correct syntax for this command

0 0

Try to type "cd documents and settings" ;)

0 0

I think you are trying to be too specific with your dir command. Keep in mind that this challenge is not case sensitive when it comes to directories. For example: my current working directory is at the root of the C drive (C:\) and I want to get to a directory beneath the root named "foo" (C:\foo). In order for this command to be successful I would do C:\> cd foo . This would then change directory to "foo" and my command prompt would change from "C:\>" to "C:\foo>".

Hope this helps.

R0M

0 0

R0M4NT1C wrote: I think you are trying to be too specific with your dir command. Keep in mind that this challenge is not case sensitive when it comes to directories. For example: my current working directory is at the root of the C drive (C:\) and I want to get to a directory beneath the root named "foo" (C:\foo). In order for this command to be successful I would do C:\> cd foo . This would then change directory to "foo" and my command prompt would change from "C:\>" to "C:\foo>".

Hope this helps.

R0M

After that hint you should figure it out! ;)

0 0

thanks got it.

0 0

Good work mate! :D

0 0

Good job hacksys!

Retired
10 0

And as for the first post, Its cd Documents and Settings

this one is very sensitive to caps.

0 0

I believe he just said it WASN'T sensitive to caps lock… but that might just be me…

Retired
10 0

maybe I am thinking of the wrong challenge. I was pretty sure that it was this one though.

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: maybe I am thinking of the wrong challenge. I was pretty sure that it was this one though.

What, the, fuck are you trying to accomplish? Piss the most people of? OP solved his problem (which was totally unrelated to your solution, by the way). So stop mumbling nonsense. You're making a fool out of yours31f.

Moron.

0 0

spyware wrote: You're making a fool out of yours31f.

0 0

I have a question. I have been here for awhile, and overall I like the community. But as for yours31f, why does he get so much shit? I mean for about as long as I have been here it seems like he just tries to help. I am not his side either, though.

@yours31f: from what I can tell, you have good intentions, but you need to research more. You sometimes have the right idea, but not enough data to support your thinking. But overall, I think you could change into a very helpful person, and be someone worth asking for help, If only you would do some research.

Banned
0 0

ctrl_alt_del wrote: I have a question. I have been here for awhile, and overall I like the community. But as for yours31f, why does he get so much shit? I mean for about as long as I have been here it seems like he just tries to help. I am not his side either, though.

How to explain this…

Okay, imagine a guy bumping into a wall. Now, (little leap here), imagine a guy bumping into a wall FOR ETERNITY.

0 0

ctrl_alt_del wrote: But as for yours31f, why does he get so much shit?

spyware wrote: Okay, imagine a guy bumping into a wall. Now, (little leap here), imagine a guy bumping into a wall FOR ETERNITY. Or, in your particular case, c_a_d, just look in the mirror and add about 1000 useless posts.

0 0

<off topic> Just out of curiosity, yourself, are you kin to Masta_hacks?

0 0

Ha… they do have a lot in common thus far, eh? At least yours31f has time to fix his reputation (by 2020, at least); masta_hacks went in the hall of uber-noobs. Nice comparison, though.

0 0

You need more than a little so-called "good intention" on this site. Even with some witty comments you could become the smallest bit cooler.

Retired
10 0

SwartMumba wrote: <off topic> Just out of curiosity, yourself, are you kin to Masta_hacks?

nope. The only person that I know that may have the intelligence to do any sort of hacking, would be my father, but I have not seen him but once in 8 (almost 9) years. But, I will probably see him when I graduate so then I will see what he knows. I have reason to believe that he may hack because he was good with computers when I was a little kid (from what I remember), and when I last saw him he actually got me interested in hacking, By showing me how to backdoor windows.

Retired
10 0

and as most of you know, I don't quit.

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: and as most of you know, I don't quit.

And so the bumping continues…

Bumpitybumptybump

0 0

how do i figure out what the ??????? command is.

im guessing execute but nope didnt work so how do i get into the files if im supposed to find anything wouldnt it be in them?

0 0

A knowledge of basic shell commands is necessary to complete these challenges. What shell command would you use to view (not edit) the contents of a file? Can't really give more of a hint than that.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: [quote]ctrl_alt_del wrote: But as for yours31f, why does he get so much shit?

spyware wrote: Okay, imagine a guy bumping into a wall. Now, (little leap here), imagine a guy bumping into a wall FOR ETERNITY. Or, in your particular case, c_a_d, just look in the mirror and add about 1000 useless posts.[/quote]

1073… Wow.. I believe that is about, 73 posts in about half a month…

They need to delete the post challenge… [750 posts]

Wait… yours3lf beat the a while back… like.. two weeks ago.. And is still goin' pretty fast too. just look at those post numbers!.

Maybe make a challenge where you try to post less, or maybe post more constructively?

Might slow him down a little…