Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

rooting 2 (the shell simulator)

0 0

I am just curious. In /home/ftp/ lies as far as I can tell a file named "ftp".

/home/ftp>ls ftp

This file cannot be opened: /home/ftp>cat ftp ERROR: File specified does not exist

and cannot be removed: /home/ftp>rm ftp File could not be found in: /home/ftp

Does it have ANY purpose? or is it a simulation of the file priviliges unter unix/linux?

0 0

hey if you're still having problems pm me with what you're doing..

0 0

Hi all, i cant seem to get anywhere with this one, when i attempt to' cd ..' nothing changes, i still end up in the /sbin directory even though i do not get a command error? Im a rooting newbie so chance is this is something very simple. But i just cant figure out how to get to the home directory….just seems strange that the cd .. command isnt doing anything at all. Any suggestions?

NVM managed to figure it out, it appears a bit temperamental on the commands so i had to come out of the challenge and go back into it a number of times.

0 0

to home you wanna go so use cd

computer are stupid, they just do what you want

hope it can help

Banned
0 0

amede0 wrote: to home you wanna go so use cd

computer are stupid, they just do what you want

hope it can help

LOOK, AT, THE, POST, DATES.

0 0

loll sorry my mistake just wanted to help loll u're too mean with me i go smoke now loll(just kidding)

0 0

This was pointless… everyone knows that these are simulated challenges. They can't account for normal terminal conventions… they just emulate the basic functionality of the commands. Keep that in mind when doing the rooting challenges.

Lock this shit. It's done.

0 0

Nothing to do with ftp folder look for other folders good luck

KvK

0 0

spyware wrote:

LOOK, AT, THE, POST, DATES.

Zephyr_Pure wrote:

Lock this shit. It's done.

0x00, you obviously did not read this thread thoroughly. Please do so in the future. :happy: