Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Rooting 3

0 0

I've dreaded posting this but i've finally come to my wick's end on this. I'm sure once i get started i'll be able to do this challenge, but at the moment i am stuck at the most noobiest of places.

I am having trouble in being able to change to any directory and i know it's down to my own fault.

Now before you start to laugh or flame me i have already:

A)Searched for CMD commands on google.

B)Opened my own CMD.exe on my OS and practised changing directories on it (had no problem).

C)I am using the CD command to change directory, both CD and cd.

D)I've also checked directory names capitalised and non-capitalised and entered them more than once checking there spelling

E)I've also read a few articles and threads but unfortunately i seem to be the only one stuck at such a noobish place :(

I dunno what i'm doing wrong probably some glaring mistake though :(, if anyone could help me i'd be highly greatful, i enjoy the rooting challenges quite alot and this is pretty much the only one i've had major trouble with :(

Cheers in advanced

[EDIT]Damn Smileys haha![/EDIT]

0 0

hey man, if you have AIM or MSN, IM me, otherwise, PM me

0 0

actually, I dont remember how I did this… "cd" works fine by itself, but if you put it with anything like the name of a DIR, it gives you that incorrect parameters message…

so maybe it's broken, or maybe we're both retarded..

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote: actually, I dont remember how I did this… "cd" works fine by itself, but if you put it with anything like the name of a DIR, it gives you that incorrect parameters message…

so maybe it's broken, or maybe we're both retarded..

I wouldn't say the "retarded" part, but you might want to try a case-insensitive approach. :)

0 0

lmao, now I really do feel retarded…

you'd think that, since when you list the dir's and they come up as all caps, that you'd have to enter them as all caps.. shitty emulator..

I bet all commands are lowercase too.. :)

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote: lmao, now I really do feel retarded…

you'd think that, since when you list the dir's and they come up as all caps, that you'd have to enter them as all caps.. shitty emulator..

I bet all commands are lowercase too.. :)

Yeah, I had the same thought when I did the challenge… the case should've matched the targets. Of course, there is at least one Real that has that same problem, so I guess it helps to keep it "realistic". :)

0 0

Everything is lowercase sensitive. All commands are in lowercase. Not even when you type C:\.

Furthermore, you must change directory step by step, not all at once like you can do in command prompt.

For example, you are at C:\, and you want to get to C:\Example\Test\Hi There\

You must type:

cd example cd test cd hi there

To get back to C:\,

cd test cd example cd c:\

I hope that helps ;)

0 0

Slyce wrote: Everything is lowercase sensitive. All commands are in lowercase. Not even when you type C:\.

Furthermore, you must change directory step by step, not all at once like you can do in command prompt.

Well, there go all the Rooting 3 threads. :P

0 0

Slyce wrote: Everything is lowercase sensitive. All commands are in lowercase. Not even when you type C:\.

For example, you are at C:\, and you want to get to C:\Example\Test\Hi There\

You must type:

cd example cd test cd hi there

To get back to C:\,

cd test cd example cd c:\

I hope that helps ;)

Or just cd .. to get back…

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote:

Oh yeah, I didn't think the emulator supported that, because it doesn't support more than one step at a time, but you're right. B)

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote:

Oh yeah, I didn't think the emulator supported that, because it doesn't support more than one step at a time, but you're right. B)

0 0

yeah, when people make these emulators, they really should include an if statement for every possibility…or at least more than just the basic stuff..half-ass coders piss me off :angry:

nobody
0 0

Agree on that. Most of the challenge are just like that:p But, there are too many possibilities that make it hard to code such emulator:)

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: I wouldn't say the "retarded" part, but you might want to try a case-insensitive approach. :)

Cheers Zephyr, when i said i tried everything i obviously hadn't tried it that way >.<