Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Rooting 2 (Down )

0 0

Hi,

//Sorry to make another thread about it but i have to ask

is this rooting chall down now Q

i can't cd into any directory ! :ninja:

Thanks

0 0

lol, if you can download the program and if you can enter the password on HBH, then it is not down.

ffs.

0 0

He said Rooting 2, which is the one actually on the site. But yeah, I don't think it's down anyway.

0 1

GOGO - you were the one who thought the "link to HBH other challenge" answer was "http://www.hellboundhackers.org/"….

…. and your attempting Rooting 2?!

i dont think its down.

just because you cant complete a challenge, doesnt mean its broken. the only challenge i believe is down at the moment is realistic 7.

0 0

lol, if you can download the program and if you can enter the password on HBH, then it is not down.

ffs.

its a php script not exe

He said Rooting 2, which is the one actually on the site. But yeah, I don't think it's down anyway.

Thanks Scavix :happy:

GOGO - you were the one who thought the "link to HBH other challenge" answer was "http://www.hellboundhackers.org/"….

…. and your attempting Rooting 2?!

you don't have to be sarcastic about it ..

i thought it was a script that return an error (if not right) and i wanted to see what the error would look like

and i send a link after that ,, ( you Only choosed to show the wrong stuff )

and i already finished rooting 1,3

btw : do you like cheese ? ( i'm curious :happy: )

just because you cant complete a challenge, doesnt mean its broken. the only challenge i believe is down at the moment is realistic 7.

i know thats why i'm asking !

and yeah in real7 "Changing grades" wont work ,, the database is f^%$ed up

and oh one question :

what does one do here to NOT get flamed ?!

Thanks Mr.Cheese >> Great Site :happy:

Banned
0 0

what does one do here to NOT get flamed ?!

Read first, think, post later.

0 0

Read first

i did

, think i did

, post later. i did

:whoa:

0 0

G0G0 wrote: is this rooting chall down now Q

i can't cd into any directory ! :ninja:

Thanks

As for changing directories, I can honestly say it's not down. It's very strict on how you change directories, though… it's a simulation, after all. Think of what OS it's simulating, and try changing directories directly instead of just backing out and going into directories.

Edit: To the OP, quit being a smartass. There are people that want to help you. However, when you come into the forums to scream that a challenge is down when, really, you lack the proper knowledge to complete the challenge… then, it's obviously that you didn't THINK first. If you had spent a bit more time on the challenge instead of crying for help in the forums, then you would've realized what I stated above. Learn a bit more about basic commands, then attempt the rooting challenge.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote:

As for changing directories, I can honestly say it's not down. It's very strict on how you change directories, though… it's a simulation, after all. Think of what OS it's simulating, and try changing directories directly instead of just backing out and going into directories.

i tried changing directory to /home through one command but it didn't work

There are people that want to help you. However, when you come into the forums to scream that a challenge is down when, really, you lack the proper knowledge to complete the challenge… then, it's obviously that you didn't THINK first.

Okay first i'm not screaming .. i'm making sure that the challange is working right so i don't waste my time on it

second i did read all the articles and all the threads about root 2 and most of the threads said that the root 2 chall was down .. so that made me more suspicious ..

third its kind of RUDE to say i didn't THINK first

If you had spent a bit more time on the challenge instead of crying for help in the forums,

Dude i'm NOT crying or screaming or even asking for help .. i'm merely making sure that the chall is not down

and i did spend more time in the forum and the articles

i do check all threads and all articles about a chall before i post

i even read the threads from 2005 !

then you would've realized what I stated above. Learn a bit more about basic commands, then attempt the rooting challenge.

the info i got stated that i should cd into the home directory .. which i couldn't ..

and whats with not being qualified to do root challs ..

i do have a background about linux commands and i'm already using nmap on my box ..

and i did root 1,3

guys your being incredibly not fair here !

so what do i have to do to get help here .. !!!!!!! if even the admin himself is flaming at me !!!!!!!!

0 0

G0G0 wrote: i tried changing directory to /home through one command but it didn't work

I ignored everything else you said. Read that one sentence over and over to yourself until you realize how to write the command. It's really simple. I just did it again to make sure… it does work. Are you paying attention to the directory listing in the prompt?

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote:

I ignored everything else you said.

hit and run ,, huh B)

Read that one sentence over and over to yourself until you realize how to write the command. It's really simple. I just did it again to make sure… it does work. Are you paying attention to the directory listing in the prompt?

so i'm on the right track :)

and yes i did pay attention to directories listed .. (can't cd into anyone one of them)

isn't the home directory before sbin ?!

i appreciate your help Zephyr

Thanks

0 0

G0G0 wrote: so i'm on the right track :)

and yes i did pay attention to directories listed .. (can't cd into anyone one of them)

Not "directories"… the directory listed in the prompt at the bottom of the fake terminal. Just look at it. Look at how it's written, then apply what you're trying to that.

isn't the home directory before sbin ?!

Umm… no. Look, I'm not trying to flame you here, but you REALLY need to learn more about the OS that is being simulated in this challenge before you attempt this one. Seriously. What you're attempting is VERY basic and, if you don't get it by now, there's nothing else I can say to help you without having you come back to the forums every two seconds because you don't know how to structure a command. Again, not flaming… just honest.

0 0

Okay Thanks Got iT