Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

app patching1

0 0

hey. like it was said it wasn't hard. patched it the way it asked to. but my checksum is invalid. (i used express checksum calculator to calculate the md5 hash)

0 0

Is the hash capitalized?

It should be low-case

0 0

sakarin: if you want, pm me your patched lines

0 0

ok dudes it wasn't my problem it's a bug..

the answer has to be lowercase ..

0 0

is there a way to use Olly to save the patched app?

I know how to get around the jump, which lines to NOP out, etc, but have no way of saving my finished product to create a sum.

0 0

you do realize that's the point of the challenge? app cracking teaches you how to use olly and other apps. patching will make you research that.

i can tell you that w32dasm gives you a relative adress that you can use to search on a hex editor. and that yes olly is capable of saving changes

i can also tell you that the instructions for both of this tasks will appear on the first page of google results after you search.

cmon. we do this to learn not to get points =)

0 0

sakarin wrote: you do realize that's the point of the challenge? app cracking teaches you how to use olly and other apps. patching will make you research that.

i can tell you that w32dasm gives you a relative adress that you can use to search on a hex editor. and that yes olly is capable of saving changes

i can also tell you that the instructions for both of this tasks will appear on the first page of google results after you search.

cmon. we do this to learn not to get points =)

i know i know. =P

I'll get reading.

EDIT: Yeah, heh, I just got it literally five minutes after I posted. Sorry for the trouble.

0 0

trouble is better than to make this topic a compendium of instructions and articles you need to read for beating the challenge,,,

=)

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: is there a way to use Olly to save the patched app?

Right click on cpu window and select "Copy to executable > All modifications" If you press on "All modifications" a new little window will be shown. Press on "Copy All" on this window. A new window with the new ASM code will be shown. Close the new window (THE CHILD WINDOW! NOT OLLY DBG WINDOW!). Then a save dialog let you choose a new filename.

0 0

now really what's your point?..

the question was answered. you just took away from anyone who wanted to know that another chance to learn the very important skill of searching..

0 0

Can i PM someone the line i patched?

tried to lowercase the MD5 checksum, think i patched it wrong..

0 0

PM me if you want to :)

0 0

hmmm….guys, is there any way to solve this on x64?…IDA?…Virtual Machine?

0 0

if you can do the required operation yeah. just by looking at the code you know what to do.