Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Honey pots

0 0

How do u install honey pots? and where can i get some

Banned
0 0

STOP_SPAMMING_THE_FORUMS_PLEASE.

Just stick with one subject till you get it. Or hop around like a noob and spam the forums.

And go to GOOGLE.COM FIRST. THANKS.

0 0

i did go to google, i didn't find anything… and i don't think you understand the meaning of spam, because asking a question is not spam. just because you don't like my question doesn't mean its spam… you ppl follow my ass everywhere waiting for me to finally post, just so you can be a dick… haven't you noticed yet that in every post i have made i have gotten an answer from someone… just stop… seriously, because your not helping at all… YOUR spamming, and YOUR posting useless posts… not me.. my posts have points :|

0 0

But his does too… to an extent anyway…. you've asked a bunch of different questions on a wide range of topics… try sticking with one thing for a little while until you've got a good understanding of it… google everything.. reword it and google again.. then look in old forum threads and articles… if its a code problem.. look in code bank.. .then try PM'ing someone who knows what they're talking about… and lastly if all else fails… Post a new Thread… not mean.. everyone should have to follow this.. but some don't

Peace ^_^Vm

0 0

ok :)

The Manager
0 0

What is SPAM?

I will tell you what Spam is damnit! from WIKI: Spam luncheon meat is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation.

So please stop putting your canned luncheon meat here in the threads because I prefer real ham!

on a real note: A honey pot is a "hack" that is set up essentially to capture crackers(if you know me you know what I mean by this). They are fully logged and normally sent into the agents once they get hacked. the name is essentially a honey pot because honey attracts the flies (if you catch my drift).

Any other questions feel free to ask…and stop with the canned luncheon meats!

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: on a real note: A honey pot is a "hack" that is set up essentially to capture crackers(if you know me you know what I mean by this). They are fully logged and normally sent into the agents once they get hacked. the name is essentially a honey pot because honey attracts the flies (if you catch my drift).

Any other questions feel free to ask…and stop with the canned luncheon meats!

Yes, and no. Most corporations really don't give a damn about capturing crackers, as long as they don't get in. Really, if there's some criminal out there fucking with other people's boxes, most corporations don't PREFER his existence, but sure as hell aren't going to take a smack at the bottom line to capture him as long as the hacker is leaving them alone. Now, if he is messing with them, that's a different story…

Honey Pots are meant for diversion. Normally, it's an insecure box – but construed in such a way that the vulnerability in it is believable (IE, recent but not too recent, and easy to exploit but not too easy.) The box is then separated from the network as best as possible, and filled with interesting-looking crap (fake customer records, etc. etc.) to keep the cracker busy. The logs are poured over by a program daily, and the tech staff have enough time to get the feds to trace their hacker before the hacker finds any holes in 'real' or 'live' systems.

0 0

boris wrote: How do u install honey pots? and where can i get some

never EVER install honey pots. the hacking community will despise you. it's not funny.

Python Ninja
0 0

Honeypots… urgh…..

Why exactly do you want to set one up?

And I really doubt that you can get prepacked ones (honestly though i can't say i've looked).

Fuck just code something up…. hell where you are, just code something that you think is secure, and then log the shit out of it. Job Done.

0 0

Call it damn (non)vulnerable linux :p

yeah, like richo said, just make it as secure as you can, but make it look enticing, and log everything.

0 0

hey spyware! STFU calm down mate. Everyone has to start somewhere. I have heard stories about some of your first forum posts. and quite frankly they make this guy look like a fucking genious. but dont worry. and yeh boris please dont set up honeypots! @ Aldarhawk: LOL and ill try and keep my luncheon out of the forums too.

0 0

sure you can ASK here, but sometime you will actually get a better solution if you DO use google etc.

now i have to spend time looking for you :|

this page sort of explains what i think you want to know WITH DOWNLOADS! i didnt actually think there would be programs but yeah check it out.

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/readingroom/honeypot.asp

here is a little section from it.

Free Honeypot Software

* BackOfficer Friendly: A free Windows-based low interaction honeypot. Excellent solution if you are new to honeypot technologies.
* Honeyd: A free Unix-based low interaction honeypot. Can emulate entire networks of systems (over 60,000 systems at the same time), proxy connections, and emulate both application and IP stack. You can also download a statically compiled version for Linux.
* LaBrea Tarpit: A free low interaction honeypot designed to slow down or stop automated attacks, such as worms. A very different concept for honeypots, one worth taking a look at.

but i HIGHLY suggest reading the WHOLE article. dont be lazy.

anyway, hope it helps.

by the way i googled: create internet honeypots come on now, i think you could have stretched to that.

0 0

how come when someone posts a post like this everyone seems to go off on a tangent bringing in all sorts of crap to the conversation.

All you had to say was sorry i dont know or just not reply if you dont have any useful information to give him.

Yeah hes banned now maybe you was right with the spamming but no need to go off on one. lol

Banned
0 0

Yeh, and the bumping adds to the awesomeness too.

0 0

dami3n wrote: how come when someone posts a post like this everyone seems to go off on a tangent bringing in all sorts of crap to the conversation.

dude people arent the opening post poster's slaves, if you expect them to post something 100% related then you are high off your ass. people come here to learn and share some knowledge and have some fun so no one here is getting paid by answering.

for example this post here of mine, is completly unrelated to the OP and yet it does have a point. <––the point is right there next to the 't'

0 0

There is also a point over there —> <––the point is right there next to …
Folktheory said:………………………\_^/

:p