Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Hard Drive Format Disk

0 0

I'm building a new computer and giving my laptop to my father, so I want to wipe the hard drive. I understand that formating the hard drive doesn't remove everything the first go around, people have told me I need to do it as many as 10-15 times(Ok they said 5, but I'm paranoid) before I can be certain that it is clean.

My question is, do any of you know of a boot CD that will just continuously wipe the hard drive automatically? That is, I put the CD/DVD in the drive, it formats the hard drive and reboots to do it all again, and continues this cycle until I stop it.

This would also make a good tool because I've had people who were getting rid of their computers offer me $20-$30 to wipe their drives clean, but I didn't want to take the time to go through all of that by hand.

As always, any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks guys and girls!

0 0

I don't know of any that you could buy or download but I am sure that if you make a boot disc with windows that you could make a batch file that just runs 'format' and then restarts the computer. That would work pretty well.

[edit] something like this would work > format /FS:NTFS wait SHUTDOWN -r -t 01 and have that be like autoexec.bat on the cd [/edit]

0 0

ultimate boot cd —––> sorry i have no links google for it