Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

What is better?

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Hey, i was wondering out of these 4 anti virus companys which is better? Symantec Windows live onecare Trend micro Kaspersky lab Thanks :happy:

0 0

Symantec is good i think, the others i haven't tried before.

Oh and you might add to the list, "Windows Defender" (ships with windows vista), and "NOD32".

So far Windows Defender has "saved" me 3 times were NOD32 scanned but didn't find any threats.

Have been meaning to change anti-virus for quite some time now, never got around to it. May-b if this thread gets enough replies i will take the time.

Cheers /dw0rek

0 0

symantic annoys the hell out of me because it always popups during games asking if you want that game to connect to the internet even if you set it as allowed. Also after not letting it near my computer i used an app on my pen to sort out my mums pc an it decided to deleted a load of "hack tools" off it which annoyed me so my advise is to keep clear of it

0 0

heh….. there is a hole poll on the right side with what people use…..

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Yes, i know its just i need opinions on them 3 specific companys :happy:

0 0

I'd go with kapersky.

0 0

Symantec Norton Antivirus is very strong, but it uses far too much RAM…

I think that Kaspersky is worth a try (if you don't want to use Grisoft AVG ;))

0 0

nod32 from eset is just the best anti * existing today.

norton sucks bigtime!!!!well,their AV does!!!! like Uber0n said,they are resource hoggers,and then,they dont stop new virusses if they aren't in the bugtraq database :gha: basicly it is the most pathetic av you'll ever come across… and it's just an av!!!!in addition you will need anti this,anti that,blahblah…

get nod32…it's the smallest ever,it's the fastest ever, also,it uses advanced scanning techniques,for detecting unknown viri,and malware and so on. the kernel is like 3.5 mb big. the gui is like 700kb big.

there is no competition!!!!

nod32 rules.

EDIT: @dw0rek>>> that's kinda f'd up to hear :S it has never failed me… i still wanna see something better,bewcause it think it doesnt exist. nod is very small and fast…uses almost no recourses,that should be a standard.an av doesnt have to look great…it has to function well ^^ like an os…but that's another discussion :P

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Thanks, guys, i think i'll try nod32 first but does anyone know if its vista compatible? :happy:

0 0

Yes, i had the newest version installed on Vista, before i reverted back to XP Pro SP2.

Trend Micro is really good, though, too. I have NOD32 on mine, though..