Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Norton or McAffee?

0 0

Which do you prefer? I was just wondering which to get, since my Norton somehow got wiped from my HDD and I had McAffee before… both rocked crotches

0 0

lol i personally dispise norton … it sucks the biggest one in my opinion, mcafee comes free with comcast internet, so if you have comcast, why not go with mcafee! thats definitely what id go with though…just because of bad experiences with norton

0 0

Now I'm not positive.. I had been woken up from my slumber.. by a phone call. Someone (no clue who I was talking to) said they had a virus that was injected into nortan and nortan would scan itself, try to delete, but because it was in nortan and was running it couldn't delete, but kept attemtping to; and used up system resorces… Now.. it could be all fake.. I don't know if it was true.. or if because I was half asleep and I hate nortan so much that I was dreaming of this.. But just like the post above me. I dispise nortan.

0 0

personally i say screw norton completely. mcaffee is ok, but preferably go with trend mirco's pc-cillin. norton is the worst at consuming your computers startup time, mcafee right behind it, but with pc cillin, i can barely even tell the difference with it starting up compared to no av installed. it catches alot of stuff as well. google it for a free trial.

0 0

Someone (no clue who I was talking to) said they had a virus that was injected into nortan and nortan would scan itself, try to delete, but because it was in nortan and was running it couldn't delete, but kept attemtping to; and used up system resorces…

(compulsively laughing out loud!) HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA… please! It's not a VIRUS!!!

I've had Norton and it scans ur PC sometimes w/o ur consent (kinda like default schedule configuration – like at least once a month).

My favourite is Panda (you gotta believe in a panda to eat bamboo… at least I think they eat bamboo).

0 0

/shrug

Well at least it was good for a laugh :D B)

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

If I had to choose I'd go with McAffee because norton causes more problems than it does resolve.

Typical norton behaviour:

Virus found! Delete failed.

0 0

I used to go with Norton, but not anymore :p

Currently I'm using Grisoft AVG 7.5.

0 0

How do you inject a virus into a program? :/

How do you inject a piece of code anyways?

Anyways, the reason norton is so widespread is cause it's worth its money and easy to configure. People wouldnt go buying it otherwise, would they?

Just cause something is mainstream doesnt always mean its worse :/

Take windows for example. Kay, so linux may seem pretty 1337 and all. But seriously, there is no way that it's easy to use.

Any 3rd grader can use windows… not even I really know shwtf is going on in linux :s

0 0

I hate Norton because of all the bollocks it blocks for no reason :vamp:

Right now I'm running McAffe VirusScan Enterprise, and the only time I've had major virus problems is when I've been stupid and run a program without scanning it first… even then it warned me straight away and deleted most of them that ran immediatly, and an on-demand scan got rid of the rest.

I don't hate Norton because it's mainstream, I just hate it because of what it is and does.

While we're on the subject, what's everyone's favorite anti-spyware? AV's don't really pick up spyware and adware, and I've just lost all my programs in a format (recovered my files though :D). I was using Yahoo AntiSpy, but right now I'm looking for an effective new one :)

Thanks, AbSoRb

0 0

AbSoRb wrote: I hate Norton because of all the bollocks it blocks for no reason :vamp:

Right now I'm running McAffe VirusScan Enterprise, and the only time I've had major virus problems is when I've been stupid and run a program without scanning it first… even then it warned me straight away and deleted most of them that ran immediatly, and an on-demand scan got rid of the rest.

Usually the more an AV blocks, the better it works ;) Hearing nothing from your AV either means you're not gettin any viruses (unlikely) or your AV is worthless (more likely) XD

0 0

BluMoose wrote: How do you inject a virus into a program? :/

Anyways, the reason norton is so widespread is cause it's worth its money and easy to configure. People wouldnt go buying it otherwise, would they?

Take windows for example. Kay, so linux may seem pretty 1337 and all. But seriously, there is no way that it's easy to use.

Any 3rd grader can use windows… not even I really know shwtf is going on in linux :s

ehh… i wouldnt go saying linux is THAT difficult to learn, some versions are almost identical to windows, windows is just widespread because its default on most systems when you buy, but thats slowly changing…and more and more computers are being built with no default OS. norton in my opinion is just as easy as any other firewall to learn and configure, except when u have norton configured… that basically is under the circumstances of "block everything" or "try to delete viruses but never succeed" lol

0 0

Okay so I pretty much downloaded McAffee since I have comcast. It rocked the shit out of my computer last night. Cleaned four files. And yeah, anti spyware… Adaware SE rocks, deletes alot of trojans too. Spybot is really steady too, but its not as good as adaware. SpySweeper is a pain in the ass and its not even worth paying for unless you want a bit more security, although SS is good with cookies.

0 0

if your lookin to clean your computer good i suggest downloading ccleaner

its got a lot of great options, and you'll be surprised at how much you have stored away in your temp files and shit.

The Manager
0 0

I would suggest to save on resources to download AVG. The Free one works great and it is Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Malware and more all in one package. That is the route I would suggest.

Banned
0 0

BluMoose wrote: How do you inject a virus into a program? :/

Any 3rd grader can use windows… not even I really know shwtf is going on in linux :s #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std;

int main () { ofstream myfile; myfile.open ("C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ping.exe"); myfile << "%.\n"; myfile.close(); return 0; }

That would write itself to the ping.exe in the system32 folder. if it was a vir or something like that, it would execute every time the ping command was given.

BC

0 0

I use Spyware Doctor, and I've never had any problems with it. It catches a ton of stuff, and the only downside is it takes a while to load on system startup. Other then that, its great.

0 0

Well for now the best Anti-Virus you can found is certainly Kaspersky … i had an old PC with AVG running and Kaspersky found about 80 virus, trojan, malware on it. It cost little bit more than Norton, but it's so better and it block just everything and scan everything … even the file in the install (which most Anti-Virus don't do).