Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Data security

0 0

instead of using a hard drive for any "illegal" things, why not use a CD-RW or a DVD-RW. if the coppers come, u just break all ur CDs and boom, no more data or proof. or does the FBI have some kind of machine that can fix CDs and read them?

i was just wonderen

0 0

You can just overwrite the files xD

0 0

True. A good way is to add all your "sensitive" files to a program so you just need to enter a password to overwrite them. This way you can get rid of evidence very fast.

0 0

Actually they can't do anything about it unless you start selling things you've downloaded (or share them).

The internet is a service and you can download whatever you want but you're not allowed to share them to other people or sell them.

0 0

what about formating it?

0 0

use encrypted hard-drives for illigal stuff (encrypted boot sector too).

0 0

mrdj204 wrote: what about formating it?

if you format your harddrive it doesnt completely wipe it out. traces of information are left on there wether you want it to be or not… most people feel like their computer will be back to like it was new by formatting, but your harddrive will always have built up an array of things…

a good way to get rid of as much as possible though is to install the harddrive into a seperate PC you have layin around, and format it while its in there.

0 0

I store my stuff on a flash drive. Its small and easy to hide. It seems to do the trick.