Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Preventing Software Piracy

0 0

Hey guys I\\\'ve come with a solution for preventing a Software being pirated. Okay they say that after Cloud Computing there won\\\'t be any Piracy; I\\\'m not talking about that at all.

Here us my idea: All Computer\'s have a organisation name while installing a OS. Why can\\\'t I use that information for preventing Piracy? Suppose I\\\'m selling a new software product from my company (by any means), after getting the organization\\\'s name from the user, I\\\'ll have a tiny module which will compile each time when user register\\\'s the company. So I don\\\'t need complex serial key algo\\\'s to generate different key\\\'s and if a user uses a OS with same organisations, he/she can use only the Software from a particular organization. The Pirate\\\'s have to install a new OS for different Organization name for a different Software, which is practically impossible.

What is your opinion about my idea guy\\\'s?

The Manager
0 0

Not all systems are going to be using the systems \"organization\". How are you going to track this? How are you going to have the system know that it is in said organization? What is to stop someone from changing their systems \"organization\" to the required one?

0 0

Software pirating will never be stopped no matter what you implement into your software. Everything has a cheap copy and everyone loves something for free.

Windows has a good way of locking OS that dont register online but this can be easily by passed by removing service packs and never updating.

And to be honest with you most people put fraudulent information in. The only way to stop it would be for people to have to send there ID for activation. This would reduce the amount of pirated copies. But all you have to do is look at adobe and how many people \"pretend\" to have lost there cd key. Social engineering…

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: Not all systems are going to be using the systems \\\\\\\"organization\\\\\\\". How are you going to track this? How are you going to have the system know that it is in said organization? What is to stop someone from changing their systems \\\\\\\"organization\\\\\\\" to the required one?

Q: What is to stop someone from changing their systems \\\\\\\"organization\\\\\\\" to the required one? A: They can have only one organization which is asked when installing the OS

Q: How are you going to have the system know that it is in said organization? A: I \'ve mentioned that I\'ve a tiny module which will Compile every time when I get an order. For Example I\'ll have a Website which will get orders from the user and details about their organization, after when the transaction is Completed, I\'ll have an application will generate a program for the given organization.

Q: Not all systems are going to be using the systems \\\\\\\"organization\\\\\\\". How are you going to track this? A: Yes you are right, we can have a different versions for End user as well as organization, where normal user can use the Software with limited features whereas Organization can use the full potential of the Software.

Any questions?

0 0

dami3n wrote: Software pirating will never be stopped no matter what you implement into your software. Everything has a cheap copy and everyone loves something for free.

Windows has a good way of locking OS that dont register online but this can be easily by passed by removing service packs and never updating.

And to be honest with you most people put fraudulent information in. The only way to stop it would be for people to have to send there ID for activation. This would reduce the amount of pirated copies. But all you have to do is look at adobe and how many people \\\"pretend\\\" to have lost there cd key. Social engineering…

You are also right, Piracy is an never ending war. But this will quite do a lot. Windows is an OS dude, but I\'m talking about the APPLICATION SOFTWARE. Consider you are the Pirate with an OS installed with the organization name \'XYZ\', and installing a Software like Maya which has been registered and bought from a Organization \'XYZ\'. Now you can use all the facility, but If you need another Software like Photoshop and you are trying to Pirate from \'ZYX\' Organization, you need to install another time to use that Pirated copy. So you can\'t go keep on installing a OS for different organization. Which MINIMIZES the theft.

0 0

Well,

Lets look at windows, open the registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion, change the key entries RegisteredOrganization and RegisterdOwner, and thats it, you are now in a new Organization and Owner. :evil:

0 0

Yes forgot to search about that. BTW thanx for it.

0 0

what ghostraider100 means to say : i am trying to get all you guyz bankrupt ! muhahahaha !

my reply : you can\\\'t . as a matter of fact , nobody can . B)

The Manager
0 0

ghostraider100 wrote: Q: What is to stop someone from changing their systems organization to the required one? A: They can have only one organization which is asked when installing the OS [\\quote] This has been pointed out, but the organization is editable in the Registry.

[quote]ghostraider100 wrote: Q: How are you going to have the system know that it is in said organization? A: Ive mentioned that Ive a tiny module which will Compile every time when I get an order. For Example Ill have a Website which will get orders from the user and details about their organization, after when the transaction is Completed, Ill have an application will generate a program for the given organization. [\\quote] This module compilation will do what exactly? You are not explaining how this security is actually working other than you have a module that compiles on command.

[quote]ghostraider100 wrote: Q: Not all systems are going to be using the systems organization How are you going to track this? A: Yes you are right, we can have a different versions for End user as well as organization, where normal user can use the Software with limited features whereas Organization can use the full potential of the Software.

Why limit the software to end users? Some companies do not put an Organization into their installs on purpose.