Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

where can i find a good free firewall

0 0

my fire wall quit working. avast pro showed a clean boot time scan. are there any fire wall programs that wont interfere with avast pro and wont bog down my computer (its ten years old) .

0 0

if you want a free firewall you should be careful, lots of free firewalls are fake with trojans. Just saying you should have some precaution when downloading free firewalls.

0 0

thats why im talking to the masters first :D

0 0

The Windows built in firewall is fine for blocking incoming connections. It can also be configured to block outgoing connections if you really want that (although I haven't tried it myself)

0 0

my win xp sp2 firewall went belly up on me

0 0

thank you Comodo had a firewall only option :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

0 0

disable windows firewall if u use comodo on uw windows system

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Keep in mind, a firewall doesn't do what most people think it does (at least not on modern networks). If you are behind a router, the NAT will work as a full firewall by design and protect you from anything coming in over the internet. Modern software firewalls are really only for LAN defense, and possibly blocking applications on your machine. As long as you trust your network, it's not really necessary to worry about it.

0 0

Though a software firewall is still useful when using an untrusted network. Also, NAT will cease to be helpful when ipv6 becomes the standard.

0 0

thanks thats good to know

Ninja Extreme
0 0

starofale wrote: Though a software firewall is still useful when using an untrusted network. Also, NAT will cease to be helpful when ipv6 becomes the standard.

Ehhh, I dunno. I think NAT will be there for a while longer, simply out of old habits and the lack of desire for people to adapt to the new standard, even once Ipv6 is implemented.