Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Encryption question

0 0

Hi,

I am currently carrying a flashdrive with me all the time with some important data on it! should I encrypt the flashdrive using Truecrypt or should I maybe use something else?

Also, do encrypted devices behave differently on different platforms? it might sound stupid but I know that some Windows encrypted flashdrives cant be used on Linux machines!

let the flaming war begin!

ty :)

Ninja Extreme
0 0

There are encryption methods that all operating systems utilize that will not run on alternate OS's simply out of lack of support. For instance, my encrypted USB drive will not not load up on Windows systems, windows simply asks to format it instead. TrueCrypt is cross-platform and relatively easy to get installed quickly, so probably your best bet if you are interested in running it across machines of varying OSs.

0 0

another thing is not to keep data that you dont want anyone to take a look at on something you might lose so easy. just keep them safe at you password locked computer HDD. this may not sound good but its secure though.

0 0

stealth- wrote: There are encryption methods that all operating systems utilize that will not run on alternate OS's simply out of lack of support. For instance, my encrypted USB drive will not not load up on Windows systems, windows simply asks to format it instead. TrueCrypt is cross-platform and relatively easy to get installed quickly, so probably your best bet if you are interested in running it across machines of varying OSs.

ah thnx! I will give it a shot :D

ADIGA wrote: another thing is not to keep data that you dont want anyone to take a look at on something you might lose so easy. just keep them safe at you password locked computer HDD. this may not sound good but its secure though.

I need to have the data with me since I am working with it on different machines all the time :/

0 0

Get FTP (file transfer protocol) server, and put a FileZilla portable on your drive. FTPs at 000webhost.com

0 0

if your running on a windows OS use Bit Locker on the go to encrypt. Simple and affective.

0 0

I went with True Crypt and it's working just they way I want it to :P

Thnx anyway :D

0 0

asks for advices and don't take them… wow… just speaking my mind…

0 0

HacKid wrote: asks for advices and don't take them… wow… just speaking my mind…

Um, he asked for advice and stealth- gave him a response that he went with. It wasn't like he was ignoring everyone else, he just went with his first option. Stealth- said TrueCrypt was fine and worked across multiple platforms and that was the necessity of use he was asking for. He even addressed another person by saying their suggestion didn't fit his need. Why are you trying to make this guy seem like a jerk for not going with alternative methods?

If you are going to speak your mind, why not try using proper grammar and effective reading comprehension?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Demons Halo wrote: ah thnx!

Np, glad it works for you ;)

@reinsangeki - Couldn't have said that better myself.