Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Anonymous web surfing

0 0

Hi guys, Does anyone know of any anonymous web surfing programs(preferably freeware) or how to write one ? Thanks in advance

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

You mean like Firefox's Private Browsing option? Or Chrome's Incognito? Or IE's In-Private?

Banned
0 0

Anonymous? Like, -really- anonymous?

SSH to an external node (where you have root access), preferably in a country where it's difficult for authorities to search computers (Japan comes to mind).

Of course, the more nodes you put between you and your final proxy (which will do the browsing), the better.

0 0

Seriously? No mention of Tor?

0 1

fashizzlepop wrote: Seriously? No mention of Tor?

most people I knew use Tor and Privoxy as well. Also, if you want to just browse, xb browser works right out of the box. https://xerobank.com/download/xb-browser/

Banned
0 0

MoshBat wrote: And it's slow as fuck. The wi-fi method mentioned above is best, if you use one that is a fair distance away from where you live, and don't send anything that you care about over the network. As for the SSH to another country that (I think) Lauren mentioned, I'd choose South Korea.

Authorities in South Korea might police internet traffic over there.

0 0

Is is still possible to get those ten-hour a month free dial-up services?

You can set up one of those with bogus info and use something like a pre-paid phone to connect to it, if you have the right equipment

It's slow, though

0 1

I don't think they have that anymore.

Even rural areas, at least where I come from have wifi and minimum 384Kbps connections.

0 0

fuser wrote: I don't think they have that anymore.

Even rural areas, at least where I come from have wifi and minimum 384Kbps connections.

Not trying to make you look stupid or anything, but your idea of 'rural' must be more popular than where I live, because our only option is dial-up or satellite (which is advertised at 100kbps). Cell phones are hit-and-miss, and no data service on those

EDIT: Just checked, they do still have those. At least, Juno does

0 0

In my experience, Tor has been fast enough for me. Only rarely do I get slow connections and if I do I can always restart it for a new route.

Spy, yes Tor has faults in terms of monitoring but it still keeps the source (person browsing) anonymous; this is all the OP asked for.

0 0

Actually it may be nice to know what the op wants to do. Encryption or a proxy is not too safe a bet if you're talking about it being traced.