Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What should I do?

0 0

My brother is downlading ophcrack to steal my passwords. The computer he's doing it on, I'm not admin of. What should I do? Catch him in the act? (If so how?) or stop him?

0 0

Disable LM hashes.

Quoted from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299656

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
  3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
  4. Type NoLMHash, and then press ENTER.
  5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
  6. Type 1, and then click OK.

0 0

And change your password to something harder to crack afterwards.

0 0

mastergamer wrote: And change your password to something harder to crack afterwards.

make sure it has lower case and uppercase letters, some numbers, and symbols.

example: (!PaSSwoRD_1998?)

0 0

fallingmidget wrote: make sure it has lower case and uppercase letters, some numbers, and symbols.

example: (!PaSSwoRD_1998?) That's a bad example. It should not consist of words that you can find in a wordlist. A better example of a password is &kfG/sa43M]i (but good luck remembering that xD)

0 0

Uber0n wrote: &kfG/sa43M]i

looks like some of the passwords I use lol :)

0 0

OphCrack can't crack long and difficult passwords. I tested it myself. just choose a pwd with symbols and numbers and make it long (8+) characters. good luck ;)

0 0

Thanks guys, I've done that now. My brother is foiled for now…

0 0

Machette wrote: Thanks guys, I've done that now. My brother is foiled for now…

owned

Banned
0 0

Machette wrote: Thanks guys, I've done that now. My brother is foiled for now… jamie_90 wrote: owned

No, no he's not. He's simply NOT owned.

0 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]fallingmidget wrote: make sure it has lower case and uppercase letters, some numbers, and symbols.

example: (!PaSSwoRD_1998?) That's a bad example. It should not consist of words that you can find in a wordlist. A better example of a password is &kfG/sa43M]i (but good luck remembering that xD)[/quote]

thats why i gave my example. cause it could be quite difficult to remember that.

Banned
0 0

Uber0n wrote: That's a bad example. It should not consist of words that you can find in a wordlist. A better example of a password is &kfG/sa43M]i (but good luck remembering that xD)

Wordlist alteration takes a LONG time, especially with those characters. But, if you're battling against great forces (cough NSA/Gov /cough), you're better off avoiding real words.

Try character replacement; p@$$w0rd instead of "password". Should keep 'em busy.