Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Security Presentation Coursework

0 0

So iv finally got an assignment at college to do with security.

iv got to cover the main issues to a small office network

just wondering if anyone wanted to put any input in for me, such as different types of exploits with a sentence on each as i am not that technically minded with exploits yet =[

Main issues i will be covering are Hackers, Viruses, Trojans, Disgruntled employees and exploits in the company website [which is hosting a databse]

So any input would be amazing, as this is the first bit of oursework im looking forward to doing

=]

Cheers

Mambo

0 0

you're welcome to use my article on here as a source as long as you put it in your bibliograhy. you can use my bibliography to help you find more sources too. feel free to hit me up for more info.

0 0

I don't think that book will have enough depth. If it's just a small office network, you could maybe just follow through with the CEH. This will make sure that the most common/ genral security threats are covered.

I would assume that for an office your biggest things would be: making your netowrk fast and easy to use, and making sure your users are not stupid/ downloading from the piratebay or kazaa or whatever. And take out what you don't need, unless you know how to secure it.

Once you've covered the genral areas, then you can just spend some time and get to know your network, and deal with more obscure things.

Edit: disgruntled employees are either out of scope or unrelated. If you have a small network, you will probably know the people and be able to talk to them. You don't even have to worry about physical access as much, because again, you know them.

0 0

dex, I agree that more in-depth resources are available. The point of my post was to merely give him a starting point. The original post gave insufficient data on what was needed to fulfill the assignment requirements, so I didn't spend more than just a few seconds to point him in the right direction.