Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Anonymity in more ports.

0 0

I use Tor, and it's pretty nice for anonymity… in port 80 :) (Not only 80 but basically that)

All i'm asking is for a prog or a method to have the same results in other ports also. Any recommendations? TY

0 0

so this can be done only by connecting to a proxy server? But proxy servers allow connections to ports other than the normal browser ones? I mean can i connect to a proxy:16567 for example?

0 0

right, which is why you use a proxy program (proxy software). Which is why I posted a google link to show you some free proxy software…

I'm not entirely sure it'll work, but theoretically, it should make you anonymous on every port. Or maybe I'm wrong, idk..

Banned
0 0

Just google: <service name> proxy (server)

0 0

lol there ya go…simple :)

0 0

Proxies tend to deal with a single protocol (or single sets of bound protocols.) In general, no you cannot try and use a proxy created specifically for HTTP traffic to route FTP traffic.

There are more generic proxy protocols, and at the even farther end, you begin dealing with the tunneling of an entire set of connections rather than just point-wise routing (so a virtual private network as opposed to a singular proxy setup.)

0 0

Privoxy has set up a socks4a proxy listening on port 9050 (the default one). As far as i understood (if i understood right) through a proxy like that, you can connect to any service or at least the commonly used ones, using the good anonymity effect that Tor provides. Is there any way to make for example an ftp connection through that? and if yes how is that possible? Are there any switches for the ftp command? I'd also like to avoid any other programs to do that automaticaly. I mean if they can do it, there must be a way to do it manually…

(Corrections are most welcome.)

0 0

Longbow wrote: I use Tor, and it's pretty nice for anonymity… in port 80 :) (Not only 80 but basically that)

All i'm asking is for a prog or a method to have the same results in other ports also. Any recommendations? TY

Step One: Get a free shell somewhere, you can find one in minutes, usually be signed up by the end of the day.

Step Two: Go to a shell prompt (assuming Linux/Unix/BSD here), type: "ssh -D <port> <host>" where "port" is an arbitary local port to listen on and "host" is where your shell account is hosted. If you're on windows, PuTTy can do the same thing, too lazy to look it up at the moment, just look at its tunneling options.

Step Three: Configure firefox (assuming again, I know, I'm sorry) to run through your tunnel by setting up a manual proxy. Fill in only the "SOCKS" box with "localhost" and set the port to be whatever you typed earlier.

Step Four: Browse around, laugh at how you're cloaked as coming from the shell server. Laugh at how all your packets turn up encrypted in ethereal.

Now, for other applications, just set them to run through the local socks proxy in the same manner as before. Works great for IRC, etc.