Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

is tor any good?

0 0

After getting a letter from the ira or what ever they are called, ive decided to start downloading all my movies trough a proxy.

ive heard of tor, but have never actually used it, and before i downloaded it i was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly how anonymous and secure tor really is.

Banned
0 0

It's secure. Only a REALLY REALLY good pro can break tor, or so I believe. Maybe the guy who created Tor inserted a backdoor and gave it to "the police". Who knows?

0 0

I'm using it right now. Go get it, and read some docs.

It's not that hard to understand.

Yes, it does work.

0 0

lol, k thnx imma go download it

[edit] im using it now, it seems to be working considering my web pages are loading alot slower… [/edit]

0 0

spyware wrote: Only a REALLY REALLY good pro can break tor, or so I believe.

The only method I know of for beginning to "break Tor" involved a study of the server's tendency to accumulate heat. By studying the times between transmissions, someone was able to locate Tor servers with a reasonable amount of reliability. I don't remember the exact article I read, but I'm sure someone can find it easily online. Quite an interesting study, actually.

0 0

Websites can still get your real IP address through Java.

Disable Java when using Tor with: Tools –> Options –> Content Tab –> Untick: "Enable Java"

(assuming you're using FireFox and with the Tor Button addon)

0 0

My honest opinion of tor is it is good but can slow your internet down allot and gets in the way sometimes!

0 0

FireSaleHaxor wrote: My honest opinion of tor is it is good but can slow your internet down allot and gets in the way sometimes!

Well, of course… chaining anonymous proxies could probably slow your Internet down and get in the way sometimes. In fact, there's the possibility that it might even help to protect your anonymity! So, you should definitely not use it!

I mean, come on. :angry:

0 0

I was reading some news articles on tor, and I saw one that said something about the government owning almost 90% tor's nodes and that it is untrusted.

What exactly does that mean?

[edit]Another question I have, is that would tor be a good proxy server for downloading torrents? My dad got 2 emails from optimum online saying that I have been downloading illegal files, and Id prefer to stop getting those emails…[/edit]

0 1

it's secure to a degree.

your traffic will usually be re-routed to a tor node, which will help in case you got a version of google in a different country ( i got google germany)

i think a hackthiszine article on darknets said if you're a really wanted guy, they can just track down the tor node, and from there, they will simply ask the node operator for the logs, and then track you from there.

i think torrents can run fine under tor, but it'll take a while.

i use it too, and it's quite sufficient.

i think by what is meant by untrusted is because some people like spammers, info warriors (guys who work for the government, the people i favor the least) and some rogue virus gangs (like skynet and netsky that concentrate on inflating their own egos, not groups like 29A and Doomriderz who write virus for research) use tor for their activities.

i once read an article on digg on how tor is used to sniff traffic on government computers, and a security expert told the relevant people about it, they didn't care and he ended up posting all the details on his blog.

:(
80 120

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread but what exactly happens when you get caught downloading illegally? Is it something serious or minor. I'm saying this hypothetically of course. No one here would download anything.;)

0 0

Futility wrote: what exactly happens when you get caught downloading illegally?

Downloading copyrighted material has been illegal for a few years in Sweden. It's estimated that about 2-3 million people have downloaded illegally since then (and we're 9 million people total) but less than ten people have get busted. None of them have had to go to jail, just pay.

Banned
0 0

It's not illegal in The Netherlands as long as you don't share.

Trust me, I share. They have to catch me first!

takes off running

0 0

Futility wrote: what exactly happens when you get caught downloading illegally?

No great deal will happen. Here in Egypt, as far as I know; It's not a "crime" to download without license. No one will be interested in this.

Unless you are not involved in a crime or so. =/

0 0

spyware wrote: It's not illegal in The Netherlands as long as you don't share.

We had the same law in Sweden a few years ago, it's kinda like our law that says it's illegal to buy sex but it's legal to sell sex lol :D

0 0

Uber0n wrote: We had the same law in Sweden a few years ago, it's kinda like our law that says it's illegal to buy sex but it's legal to sell sex lol :D

Lol.

It's not legal, in any way, selling/buying sex here. :p

0 0

well in American i do believe it is illegal….but there is nothing stopping us…i mean come on….who would be the better to catch?…the user or the dealer?……i think thats were police are retarded….make it hard to get the so called "illegal" files narrowing down their search for leachers…anyway…