Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Rate my GFX Collection

0 0

Wow, i really need to get back into photoshop, anyways, here is some on my collection

Comments and Critisim please

Alot of these are done under my old username, tris203, and jakooldesigns is a GFX community i used to be very active in…….

If you want a sig or avatar post here and i will see what i can do…..

Anyway, let me know what you think :P

0 0

some great sigs you have posted here. i like the way you have blended the renders into the background. trying not to be an expert/judge of some sort… just one thing i like to mention here is that if the backgrounds were totally self-drawn/filtered (as in some you have done so) then the sigs would soar great to excellent. of course this is just my own point of view, as i myself don't like everytime using some abstract bgs of some kind. i'm currently trying to build up new ideas on it & finding it really hard. you have seen my thread & should know what i'm talking about. hoping to see some stuff with your style & my idea (if you like it of course) blended in the future. again..a great job done here.. keep it up.;)

0 0

Thanks, I have seen some of your work, and really respect your opinon…. Which ones would you say where the best? Just because I have my opinions and would be interested to see what other people thought……….:D

0 0

Why isn't t3h_print3r's there? In my opinion that was easily your best

0 0

Right here is my opinion on them all (I will focus more on the negative side because your good enough to take criticism):-

1.) I like how busy you made the sig using different designs and 'sharpened' renders and borders. But imho, the final outcome isn't that great. Some things should have been dropped in their capacity levels because nothing is the dominant factor of the graphic.

2.) I think the border is too thick on this design with the lack of detail in the sig itself. Colours clash having the light blue and the black without any flow to it. Looks kind of scrappy.

3.) This is prolly the one you spent the least amount of time on - Pixel stretch with two images. Looks very amateurish.

4.) Horrid colours. Looks like a multicoloured ice-pop has melted. They clash to much and don't look very proffesional and drop the standard of your work greatly.

5.) This is your best example - minus the text in the bottom left. It doesn't go with the design. I like how this sig flows and the colours are from the same pallette.

6.) I don't know what to make of this sig. Looks a bit too bland and the font don't really go. Maybe adding some custom patterns that could go with the design. I think the best part is the abstract to the right of the render.

7.) Pixel stretch, 2 renders, text with a few filters and layer styles. Nuff said.

8.) Your text stands out too much in this sig, it should be smaller or less dominating because of the design is so crisp. I don't reaally like this one, although it is one of your better ones.

Sorry must dash, I will comment on the rest later.

Ciao

[edit] Continued:-

9.) Only problem with this sig is the text. It doesn't really match the theme you have gone with and is too bold. I don't know if you like anime but you seem to be over-using the renders of them. Try experimenting with more things.

10.) Although this has alot going on, it is probably your weakest design that you've posted. Looks like you haven't designed anything and just stuck with default filters etc.

11.) Well I liked this one until the marquee text appeared. It looks like you wanted to show off the animation side but you failed (probably not the case). From what I'm guessing, you made that sig straight out of a tutorial?

12.) Imho this is with the batch of the worst designs. It's bland, plain, too striking, too bright and boring. There isn't anything to it and the typical pixel stretch.

13.) I like the background but deteste the bevel/emboss on the render and the font it too large.

14.) I don't know where to start with this, but me personally, I wouldn't of posted this on a public forum ;)

15.) Same as the others, looks like you had one last render and didnt know what to do with it. Pixel stretch and a few layer styles and text.

As I've been fairly negative towards your designs (for your own benefits as you know your gfx are above the majority of the people here) I will post some of mine for you to bitch about ;)

In general nice work, just keep experimenting.

KayBye

0 0

flash has already gone deep inside your sigs. as i always try to find something different from the mainstream here's the top 3… 1.'startsomething', the best one of here. like the contrast & blending. 2. then is the 'sadness', the lighting is cool. 3. 'skillzcopy', liked the way you used the thunder. mozzer also talked about some others, post them too. always good to see others works.:)

0 0

Thanks guys, i appricitate the comments. Flash, I appriciate what you say, and i wasnt claiming to be some kind of god, i just like to piddle, lol.

But i really appriciate what you had to say, thank you for finding the time to go through them all individually that is very cool of you. Thanks.

If there were more people like you then the graphics world would be a very nice place to live. Currently I am searching out more of my stuff, such as the "teH_pRiNteR" sig I did for a friend. I will find them all for you and add them to this thread. I hope you can find the time to critiquè the same way you did with the first couple.

The only disagreement I have with you are: The Driv3r sig, i actually made the caution tape, i did not find a render of it :p

And the animated one i made the Interface based on a media player interface i found(not a tutorial, i did it) :P again. lol

But overall i am very pleased thank you very much for your comments.

EvilTomnoy: Thanks for your top rated, i have to admit they are some of my favourites too, I really like the start something sig too, and the skillz sig. The text in the start something sig is by requested of ".:MOO:. Shadow" and he would not be persuaded otherwise. The skillz sig was my first real attempt at brushing a background so i am pleased with how it turned out. The sadness one, was the first sig i made, so i am pleased, it is all done with effects and stuff, and a small bit of brushing, so i am also pleased with this one. However i do not like the embossment of the render, lol. It look terrible when i look back on it now, lol.

Right thats enough rambling by me. I will try and find copies of the other sigs i have made, although alot of them were hosted on my server, which got canceled by the host when they went bankrupt, so i lost alot of them, and after several formats i no longer have the PSD's or original JPEG's.

Anyone else have an opinion? :happy:

0 0

NEW STUFF, here some new stuff that i have found:

A sig i made for a friend and in pink:

and heres the pink avatar:

but i cant find the black avatar.

Personaly i really like this sig, but i prefer the black version……

oh and heres two versions of a banner i made for mozzer's site

and some general sigs:

this is on of my personal favourites

well thats all for now, anymore comments

-The_Flash- im looking at you……….:D

0 0

Hehe righteo.

1.) I like this one - I like the grunge look at the font is awesome. Notice how it looks better without the render :P

2.) Yuck!

3.) & 4.) I prefer the plain background but the colour behind the text is too dominany and bold. Nice idea.

5.) My favourite of your designs. Although I'm not sure what the hell that is on the right I like the colours and the font and the background has all been blended perfectly.

6.) Render overlaps onto the border and the font is a bit bland. But I like it. It's smooth and well matched.

Keep up the good work dude

0 0

Cheers for the comments again

The pink version was a kind of a joke

yeah, i can see how its good without the render, but normaly when i try a completly brushed thing it screws up.

Hmmm, i was pleased with the way it turned out, it was my first proper banner

The render overlap was intentitfional, it was too difficult to make it fit, lol. Im lazy

thanks for the comment, on the random axe sig thing i did, i liked it, but found it a bit bright……. ta for the comments…..

0 0

hey there is some good stuff hear