Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

3D modelling

0 1

recently i have just got interested in 3D modelling.

So i was woundering if any other hbh members are intersted too? What kinda things do you make? If you have any suggestions or tips etc. It be great to have some feedback from some of you!

Also, if enough people are good at 3D modelling then i'll setup a small compeition… the best 3D character gets 50points etc.

If you interested, here is an example of my most recent work. (i know its shit, but feedback/tips appreiacted)

0 0

Its not shit! It looks quite good actually, I did some three-dee modeling myself too, but I found it quite difficult.

Here's one thing I made (yeah, of course.. The best thing I made :)

0 1

wow. thats pretty impressive.

0 0

What programs do you guys use? I've wanted to do some 3d modelling for a while, just never really looked in to it though.

0 0

I have a friend who does renders, and in fact he is a member here…

come on philibuster, wake up! ;)

0 1

BobbyB wrote: What programs do you guys use?

i use a program called Rhinoceros

0 0

I created this with Maya

I know its a little thicker than it probably should be but it was my first project in 3D for that program.

0 0

Blender (http://www.blender3d.org/) is a good multi-platform, free 3D modeling program. Some people don't like the interface, but personally I love it. It's a very powerful program.

0 1

i just tried it, but i didnt get on with the interface. seemed quite comfusing, didnt really know where to start.

i think i'll stick to Rhino

0 0

I do some 3D modelling for fun and school work, I use anim8or (for basic modelling) with Pov-Ray (an awesome free rendering program) to render in high quality, or SketchUp for quick modelling.

Here is the latest thing I did, it's something for school. Nothing special, but it's pretty cool :D

0 0

I mostly do weapons but have recently been doing some character models. I use maya for organic models and max for everything else.

0 1

wow, those are extremely impressive.

the weapons woudlnt be too hard to do, i could create something similar without much problem, but what i find out standing is your charachters and "organic" models.

how do you get textures like that?

when i create "organic" models in Rhinoceros, i find it hard to get the mesh into the right shape and often have problems with texture importing etc (getting it right size / shade etc)

You have any tips for creating human charachters??

0 0

I used max to render those and learned how to change render/texture settings from this tutorial.

I really wouldn't know how to solve your texture problem in rhino (I've never heard of it till today :p). But I think the most important thing on organics is to have really good reference pictures; I get my human ones from http://207.171.99.221/jailsearch/ .

0 1

i have 3d max at the moment but i'm stumped on how to use it as well as i can ues rhino.

if you have the time, perhaps you could give me a few quick lessons over MSN? If your willing, just PM me your msn and i'll add you.

0 1

philibuster website inspired me to attempt some gun modelling. They are no where near "gang life's" standard, but none the less, here they are:

There 2 are surposed to be Walther PPK's

I forgotten the name of this.. a H&K G something..

0 0

How'd you do that glass render for the pistol, its pretty neat looking :p .

Here's my first attempt at a skin made in photoshop, it sucks badly but its pretty cool to me ;)

0 0

The weapons looks pretty cool, and that jail search thingy is awesome phillibuster, anyway looks like a mp5 to me cheese… It was nice but that Kalashnikov looked really good.

0 1

In Rhino there is a option to have a "glass" texture to the gun. But if you wish to have "glass" a different colour than what is given.. this is how i did it:

• select a glass kinda colour for your object
  • set the gloss/reflectivity up really high
  • set the transparency to around 40 or 50

then you should have a nice glass effect..

Also, check out my first 100% finished render, of a glass Walther PPK.

Comments are much appreicated.

0 0

Shit cheese thats some good shit….

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: Comments are much appreicated.

Ok, the gun looks crappy because it's transparant (as does the clip). Try making them both solid, give them metal textures or colours. The table and bullets look cool, but the rendering is horrible.

0 1

yeah, the idea was to make it made from glass, so its intended to be transparent.

i'm having troubles unwrapping the model and getting a good texture on it. So i have to go with Pre-Made textures… which really dont look very impressive. So thats why i chose glass.

im still tying to work out how to unwrap the model into a 2d drawing so i can texture it. but in Rhino its proving a little tricky.

0 0

Awesome !

0 0

OK, so I started looking in to 3d modelling about 3 hours ago, and this is what I've come up with.

By the way, I need a renderer, anyone know of any good free ones?

0 1

pretty nice work for your first attempt bobbyB.

what program you using??

also, check out my latest poor attempt at some weird creature. I have yet to make some legs for it, but i only mde it so i could practice texturing.

0 0

I'm using Wings 3D.