Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

3d Graphics!

0 0

Hi everyone,

Share your own attempts at 3d graphics!

I like this one I dug up from 5 years ago :) Done with Java but nowadays I prefer Python.

Sorry if the image is too large, I don't know how to make a thumbnail…

0 0

This is a fish model I'm using in a fish tank game. I'm using frustum correction or also known as "portal view"; like Johnny Lee's VR Head Tracking. Youtube for more info.

Its not done yet; I still have to flip the normals on the fins so Panda3D will render both sides of the plans, and I want to add more color. Still learning Blender, so this will take a while to complete….. Go procrastination!!!

0 0

Yeah, I meant independently coded, but anything is cool. Something interesting or exciting! I prefer the fun and freedom of doing it yourself. It encourages innovation and understanding :)

How does the lighting work with that fish, btw?

Anyway, here's a weird glitchy one, but parts of it look kinda natural/organic. I like those kinds of happy accidents!

0 1

wow. all of these efforts are really amazing. Are they really done only by programnming?

update: I've just discovered this new language, Processing, which seems to suit those that like programming and making art, and best of all, it's FOSS.

It's available for download at: http://processing.org/

0 0

The fish isn't done by a program I modeled it with a 3D modeling program called Blender 4.9.

The lighting is just a simple hemi pointed at the fish.

And I use a flavor of Processing to code my Arduino's. It looks basically like C++. Nifty language too, I've never tried graphics with it though. I also have a model I did of Jack the Pumpkin King's head, but I can't find it at the moment.