Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What thinks HBH? [dig. photography]

0 0

http://thorsdecree.deviantart.com/art/Water-and-Earth-100271567

I recently developed an obsession with water and took a photo of that ^

It's the best-focused water image I have ever taken with my crappy camera, a 12MPx Kodak EasyShare Zoom 1275 refurbished digital camera (woot for woot.com!)

Any suggestions for future compositions/ improvement on that idea?

My next series will focus on light, e.g. fire, lightning, infrared filters, etc.

Banned
0 0

Nice picture. The only suggestion I can think of is this: watch out for overlighting, your hand is as bright as it's 'allowed' to in this photo.

Again, very nice picture.

0 0

What about natural water scenes. Perhaps a brook or a stream. I know those two would probably fit more into the nature category but I have seen some very interesting scenes at brooks by where I live at.

I do like the picture. The way you captured the waters flowing and conforming movements. Some people may say it's simple but I think the simplicity is what adds some flavor to it.

Just my opinion and suggestions.

0 0

Thanks!

I would do some natural scenes, but there are no [clean… aka not turd brown or vomit green] streams or rivers around where I live. I want to go into the woods one morning and take some photos, but I never have a chance… the ideal time for photography is when I need to go to school during the week. I work Saturday mornings and Sundays my parents force me to go to church >_<

I'm still learning, too. I make mistakes and learn from them. Occasionally, I produce something wonderful like that.

… I still wish I could do planets like Lemur, though :P

0 0

i can't do imagery at all but i know what i like. it depends where you live if you'll be able to get good natural photos. if you have a woods near your house with flowing water going through it i would go out at night and wait till twilight then take my pictures and then come back and get ready for school. you would be surprised how much lighting makes a difference in pictures. i have found some of the best pictures to be take during Twilight. i don't know how far the woods are from your house. but an awesome picture is worth the wait.

0 0

There are woods nearby with a creek flowing through, and it is really beautiful sometimes. The problem is just getting there, since my folks are extremely paranoid… Apparently, if I go into the woods at night I'll get ass-raped or something O_o

But I will definitely try to get some good photos there. Yes, I know lighting makes ALL the difference! My particular camera has horrible problems with grainy noise at higher ISO settings (aka over 200!) so most of my good photos are in brightly lit environments.

I should be able to get some good photos soon; I'm letting a friend borrow my camera right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 0

no problem. i'm happy to help.

0 0

ThorsDecree wrote: Apparently, if I go into the woods at night I'll get ass-raped or something O_o

It's possible… Bigfoot is a Catholic, after all.

Oh… nice picture. Not my thing, but effective capture of fluidity in a still. Cut out the background, though… it sucks.