Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Graphics artists looking to increase their portfolio?

0 1

Hi there,

One of my latest business ventures is setting up an indie/alternative club night in my city.

As part of the marketing I will be distributing 2,500 flyers and 400 posters, around the city to partly promote the evening.

I need some basic designs that I can apply to posters and flyers.

Depending on the quality of the design, the work will be unpaid, but I am happy to post you a flyer/poster that you can add to your portfolio.

If your interested, please contact me for extra info and send the designs. I need the designs by Wednesday evening GMT 13th August.

Details:

Name of night: unknown Music: Best of the last 5 decades Tag line: The club night that never ends Extra: Brightons latest up coming club night!

I need the above information on the flyer. Please have each text segment in a separate layer so I can edit when the design comes to print.

Size: A5

Must be room to add the clubs logo: width: 4cm - height:1.5cm.

It would be most helpful if some of you want to design these flyers etc. If so, please post your interest below or feel free to email me. I hope this task can be enjoyable and rewarding for you.

Banned
0 0

Lol unpaid.

And what are you getting for using our/someones design?

Banned
0 0

spyware wrote: And what are you getting for using our/someones design?

Free work.

Banned
0 0

hellboundhackersok wrote: Free work.

With 'you' I mean Mr_Cheese. I want to know what he gets for this.

0 1

well i get a good quality flyer… obviously.

would of thought that was obvious :-/

my graphics and visual marketing skills probably aren't as good as some people here on HBH, so if someone better than me can do it, great!

Banned
0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: well i get a good quality flyer… obviously.

would of thought that was obvious :-/

my graphics and visual marketing skills probably aren't as good as some people here on HBH, so if someone better than me can do it, great!

Hah. Cheese, how many cookies can you bake with all the dough you're getting? How much CASH are you going to get for this job?

Euro's, pounds, dollars. HOW MANY?

0 1

well considering we're taking the club night on a night that wasn't previously opened… we aim to break even on the first month. and first month is a trial period. so we'll see. but i doubt we'll make much (if any) from the review period. if we can break even, i'm happy :)

fingers crossed.

i'm doing it more for the experience than anything else.

Banned
0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: well considering we're taking the club night on a night that wasn't previously opened… we aim to break even on the first month. and first month is a trial period. so we'll see. but i doubt we'll make much (if any) from the review period. if we can break even, i'm happy :)

fingers crossed.

i'm doing it more for the experience than anything else.

Wait, you're a co-owner of a club?

You've been watching too much comedy central again.

0 1

owner?

think you misread the comment.

I hire the club one night a week and manage my own club evening. It's quite common.

anyway, lets stay on topic and discuss the graphic work :)

Banned
0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: owner?

think you misread the comment.

I hire the club one night a week and manage my own club evening. It's quite common.

anyway, lets stay on topic and discuss the graphic work :)

Ctrl-f'ing the word 'hire' only got this post as result.

Anyway, I believe you didn't specify poster size. (A5 is pamphlet size, I'm guessing?).

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

@Spyware - Are you trying to cause trouble? Remember you got banned once already.

Banned
0 0

ynori7 wrote: @Spyware - Are you trying to cause trouble? Remember you got banned once already.

Nah, was just figuring out whether Cheese would make money on the pamphlets/posters or not. I believe Cheese made it clear he doesn't get paid for them. That's all.

0 1

the flyers would be A5 size.

Banned
0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: the flyers would be A5 size.

Yeah, but what about the posters? How big should they be?

0 1

posters are A4 size, but not too concered with posters at the moment. flyers the main thing.

The Manager
0 0

Not A3 for the Posters? I think A4 is a little small for a poster :P

0 1

yeah but they got to fit in pub notice boards etc.

and its either 25p a poster for A4 or 45p A3

so, we're going for A4 :)

The Manager
0 0

Sometimes a little extra Poundage will get you a lot more notice Cheese ;)

0 0

whats the point in being akward? Cheese set this place up for us all to use and now hes just asking for a little help… if i could use photoshop i would give it a go.

jeez