Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What next?

0 0

Here, take a look. I want to do something to it, any suggestions? I think I want to incorporate an eclipse… maybe at the far right/left, because this will repeat twice across my 2 monitors. Take that into consideration:

The image will actually be repeated.

http://thorsdecree.excessiveforce.org/images/frag.png

I'm thinking about adding an eclipse of the moon on the side, anything else?

0 0

Nice :D

i think you should emboss the cracked glass effect ^^

0 0

NEVER! embossing sucks bad.

subtleness is king!

if you can, my advice would be to trace the waveforms (??what the hell do you call the up/down line things!!?!) with the pen tool and make them slightly thicker but keep the transparency down. maybe apply a layer effect thingy such as dodge or lighten or something to make them stand out slightly, but not too much.

0 0

necr0six wrote: NEVER! embossing sucks bad.

subtleness is king!

if you can, my advice would be to trace the waveforms (??what the hell do you call the up/down line things!!?!) with the pen tool and make them slightly thicker but keep the transparency down. maybe apply a layer effect thingy such as dodge or lighten or something to make them stand out slightly, but not too much.

Pffft! not always! sometimes it can look quite good!

0 0

please provide me an example of a wallpaper/ any graphic at all really where 2D embossing is used.

it really wont be easy. not in professional design anyway (not that im professional by any means).

anyway, wallpapers arent really to stick in your face and distract you, they are more "niceness in the background"

for instance, this is the gnome look highest rated wallpapers page

here

none of them are over complex (or embossed), they all have one clear focus.

0 0

necr0six wrote: please provide me an example of a wallpaper/ any graphic at all really where 2D embossing is used.

it really wont be easy. not in professional design anyway (not that im professional by any means).

anyway, wallpapers arent really to stick in your face and distract you, they are more "niceness in the background"

for instance, this is the gnome look highest rated wallpapers page

here

none of them are over complex (or embossed), they all have one clear focus.

In absttarct i use them quite a lot.

and in Fonts, it works really well

0 0

Actually, the only effects I've used are transparency and blurring. The orange things were actually an effect from an iTunes visualization, and the blue thing is an alteration of an image I found on the internet, originally like a red swirl. I just inverted color of the blue thing, blurred out the edges after taking out most of its background, and superimposed it on top of the vis. I see it as a sort of reflection on a window.

I'm thinking now of incorporation some kind of logo into it, I'm working on that now. I'm looking for some fonts; haven't installed any yet, I just got this computer online the other day. I'm going to mod some old stuff I've got and see if I can incorporate it.

Thanks for advice, keep it coming. I'd like to make this as awesome as I can.

0 0

I went to the link and got an error…

0 0

worked fine for me.

0 0

http://thorsdecree.excessiveforce.org/images/frag.png

If you can't get it, something must be wrong on your end… I just uploaded a modified version of it, it includes a german quote now

verklemmte Seele gab mit Freiheit des Verstandes frei Bound soul freed/released with freedom of mind/understanding

0 0

I like it, you should center the text though.

0 0

No, remember it tiles across 2 physical monitors. I want the text to start from an edge. Thanks anyway, and thanks for the advice, I think I'll leave it as it is for now.