Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Comments on these pics?

0 0

Well, they're basically just doodles… but I'm just wondering what you guys actually think of these. Like I said, they're just doodles really :D

Thanks, Reaper

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Liking the second one mate! :) Though, the text would look better if you used the blur tool a tad ;)

0 0

Like that?:

hehe Thanks, Reaper

P.S: Using The GIMP :D

0 0

I like 3rd one a lot, dude. Just take some of the spray out of the letters (insides). I don't know if that makes sense. :)

0 0

Another one:

What d'ya think?

and, I'm not sure what you mean, netfish. Sorry.

Reaper

[Edit] I'm off to bed now guys, I'll check this thread tomorrow. Please leave any comments or suggestions for me :] I'll try them when I'm on here next :D [/Edit]

0 0

im pretty sure he means like make the letters more clearer to read/on top of the spray and not behind it so they stand out

0 0

I like the second one a lot, just try to thin out the edges a bit. And yeah, make the text on #3 a bit brighter, and maybe with the blur you did on the second one, redo it with a bit less blur. Make it stay bold, just feather out the edges a tiny bit. Those doodles are pretty good tho! Nice style

0 0

the first 3 are real good just make the text more smooth and find a way to make "The Reaper" stand out. good job im loving the transparencies

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

reaper4334 wrote: Like that?:

hehe Thanks, Reaper

P.S: Using The GIMP :D

Yeah!! That's awesome :D

0 0

I think you're all idiots.

How hard is it to download a grunge brush, click a few times on a Transparent background…put some text in….apply some blur and save as a .PNG?

I would be more impressed with a 'hello world' script in HTML.

There is no art to this whatsoever…. You created nothing….

0 0

Once again another art / image thead flamed down by flash with out anything constructive added….. i get really bored of reading your posts on art and having to copy and paste the same responce to them

Banned
0 0

Well, Flash has got a point. While you only require a "simple" image, why post it here? Only post art when you really worked for it, spend days, if not weeks behind your computer for a fine piece of art.

This is too simple to comment on, if it does what it has to do: nice job.

0 0

minermonk wrote: Once again another art / image thead flamed down by flash with out anything constructive added….. i get really bored of reading your posts on art and having to copy and paste the same responce to them

For starters, there is NO art. Just an image.

I see this as spam because there is nothing to give feedback on. It's a topic-ending post.

Submit this to dutchdesignz or another site dedicated to graphics and their responses will make mine look like a complement.

I honestly am THIS close to deleting the thread on the basis of false-feedback.

It's not good. It's not art. IT'S NOTHING.

You've either got 'art'…. or you don't.

You can't learn how to be a great designer - you just unravel your talent gradually.

I'm Simon Cowell, you're the deluded parent who believes you should say good things even if something is shit. The poster is a 17yr old Chav who thinks they have what it takes.

END.

0 0

imo images dont have to be complicated to look ok. i think the image reaper re-did for system is quite good, and for once i agree with minermonk, your opinion isnt law flash. even if you are an admin lol

0 0

I kinda agree with flash and spyware, theres fuck all in these pictures, and what is there is pretty poor, now im not great at art and that, but you made some real bad errors that im surprised that no-one picked up on.

1. you used the same background colour as HBH, but the brushes end in a straight line, comeon!!! make the canvas a bit bigger and make sure there is no straight edges!

2. Your text looks so out of place, wether blurred or whatever, its the font, it does not suit the background IMO. choose a more grungy broken up font.

0 0

Thanks guys. I kinda agree with the simplicity thing (as you can probably tell).

[Edit] (After reading the previous post) "you used the same background colour as HBH" I didn't. It's transparency. "I kinda agree with flash and spyware, theres fuck all in these pictures" It's already been said, they're simple. Why can't simplicity be good? "make the canvas a bit bigger" I normally would. But, as I said these are basically doodles that I wanted comments on. I didn't want to take up all the screen with something that would just be flamed and criticised. As for your second point (#2), thanks for the constructiveness behind that… I'll think about it. [/Edit]

I also would like to point out that I never once implied this was art. I just wanted some tips. I know I'm shit at graphics and I'm not hoping for someone to give me instructions to "be good". I just wanted some comments to try and improve my work, and so I can consider them next time I'm trying to make something.

I would like to thank everyone for their comments or criticism, especially those which were constructive.

Let's not make an argument in this thread, as it isn't a benefit to anyone, whether it's to break the legs of a high horse or to bring to light a repetitive problem.

Thanks, Reaper

0 0

you're not shit at graphics, those are not bad. I disagree with Flash; He should just not post if he doesn't have anything supportive to say. Feather out the edges a bit, though, and it will be a lot better

0 0

i dont really agree with you there thors decree, if someone has constructive criticism it should always be welcome. advice-less flaming, however, has no place in a community forum. or so i believe.