Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Putty Error

0 0

I'm new on rooting, why is it I always get "PuTTY fATAL Error Network Error: Connection timed out" everytime when i'm connecting on smashthestack's tux.smashthestack.org, I have already provided the necessary connection details provided by the site? is there a wrong cofigurations on PuTTY that i have to change? :|

0 0

do you use proxy's with putty?is the port number correct and the protocol too?

if these are oke,you should be able to connect to remote servers. if these servers accept connections.

darksun.

0 0

if it's timing out it might be an SSH problem on your host , or they might not have SSH open , SSH is the unsafest thing ever without SSH your PC is almost safe cause no'one can connect to you so i dont doubt if your host has it off , if not its a connection problem

0 0

thank you guys, i tried using other PC w/ your solutions on my problem, and yes it's workin' now, but when i try it on my PC again there's this fatal error comin' out again, so i guess this concludes that my ssh port is disabled or somewhat close just like xTc mentioned. again THANK YOU FOR ALL your answers THANK YOU for helping a NOOB. Good thing there's a site like this. I'm learning. Then again thanks alot.:)

0 0

you might be missing a few system files as well , do a system restore/reapair with the windows cd

0 0

haZZknightZ wrote: I'm new on rooting, why is it I always get "PuTTY fATAL Error Network Error: Connection timed out" everytime when i'm connecting on smashthestack's tux.smashthestack.org, I have already provided the necessary connection details provided by the site? is there a wrong cofigurations on PuTTY that i have to change? :|

Maybe your firewall blocks putty? A lot of AV do it by defualt.

0 0

@Wolfmankurd: Does disabling my AV will do?

@killerguppy: thank you for the maybe i'll try this one instead of smashthestack

@xTc: i will also try to repair my OS for some loss file.

TO ALL: Thank you for responding. I'm Learning:D