Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Rooting Prevention

755 14

What are some ways in preventing rooting? eg good freeware firewalls, tips, good habbits, etc..

Banned
0 0

Change to Linux. Don't have opened ports, if you have to, make them filtered.

Meow~♥
325 0

Turn the computer off.

Banned
0 0

Durty1425 wrote: Turn the computer off.

Bawwww, virtual equivalent please.

Meow~♥
325 0

Well how about turn everyone elses computer off?

Banned
0 0

Durty1425 wrote: Well how about turn everyone elses computer off?

Oh, that's an easy one. Pull the plug.

Meow~♥
325 0

Baha. It's fool proof.

0 0

Hahahahhaha. You guys are hilarious. Well I recommend switching to Linux and securing your ports. I need to do that as well. I use to use a dual boot, maybe you would be interested in that.

0 0

one way to do it is pray about it….

another is have many programs that detects any threat or suspicious act and warn you about it….

honestly, I don't think you really need AV, as long as you don't open love letters you don't need AV…

and AV's gets in my way… it think half of my files are viruses…. :D

0 0

alka wrote: one way to do it is pray about it….

another is have many programs that detects any threat or suspicious act and warn you about it….

honestly, I don't think you really need AV, as long as you don't open love letters you don't need AV…

and AV's gets in my way… it think half of my files are viruses…. :D

Yeah, AVs are paranoid these days…., the best prevention? Install WinXP SP1.0, install apache 1.2, mysql (also one of first versions), vnc (the same), don't install any firewall or anti-spyware, then your computer is totally protected (the deepest darkness is below the light)

0 0

alka wrote: honestly, I don't think you really need AV, as long as you don't open love letters you don't need AV…

and AV's gets in my way… it think half of my files are viruses…. :D I don't agree - your AV will save you from many more things than just LoveLetter :p

A good idea is to create a folder which the AV ignores. That way you can have Cain, JtR and all other necessary tools installed without the AV complaining about 'hacktools' ^^

0 0

I had been using zone alarm for couple of years til it finally let me down big time and i haven't used it in a year i think. Anyways, it doesn't hurt to have a lightweight AV around, it's quite useful every now and then imo.

0 0

I remember it went crazy and it was being a bitch. blocking all traffic, eating process, random service shutdowns and couple more problems all together after installing on a fresh xp sp2. And the whole thing happened again and again after 2,3 formats and and I was like fuck it im never using it again.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

AVG :)

0 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]alka wrote: honestly, I don't think you really need AV, as long as you don't open love letters you don't need AV…

and AV's gets in my way… it think half of my files are viruses…. :D I don't agree - your AV will save you from many more things than just LoveLetter :p

A good idea is to create a folder which the AV ignores. That way you can have Cain, JtR and all other necessary tools installed without the AV complaining about 'hacktools' ^1

well… it's not just tools… some are actually viruses… lol…

1. /quote 

0 0

alka wrote: well… it's not just tools… some are actually viruses… lol…

Allright, but ignored folders still work ;)