Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Learn Rooting?

0 0

Hey, I was wondering if anyone wanted to learn how to root with skunkfoot an I? I think what you are mainlying going to use is[url] rootthisbox.org[/url] (a very minamle though my IP is ban idk why and it is hard for me to connect to it) and overthewire.org/wargames Please PM me if you would like to help us learn or learn with us.

0 0

lol they already blocked you? somehow im not surprised.

0 0

masta_hacks: you don't know shit about rooting, so shut your fucking mouth.

0 0

masta_hacks wrote: Hey, I was wondering if anyone wanted to learn how to root with skunkfoot an I? I think what you are mainlying going to use is[url] rootthisbox.org[/url] (a very minamle though my IP is ban idk why and it is hard for me to connect to it) and overthewire.org/wargames Please PM me if you would like to help us learn or learn with us.

iv wanted to learn proper rooting for ages now but iv never really had a proper go. Id be interested in learning with you

0 0

koolkeith12345 wrote: iv wanted to learn proper rooting for ages now but iv never really had a proper go. Id be interested in learning with you

><

He won't teach you any fucking thing.

Remember how everybody flamed him for making threads like this?

0 0

kaksii wrote:

><

He won't teach you any fucking thing.

Remember how everybody flamed him for making threads like this?

yeah i could sorta see he wanted some rooting guru to join up but i thought i might be able to learn something in the meantime…. maybe not then

0 0

I never said I wanted to teach people, I can not. I was just wondering if people would like to learn with us. I did not want anyone to teach us, it would be nice but that is not what I am asking.

0 0

masta_hacks wrote: I never said I wanted to teach people, I can not. I was just wondering if people would like to learn with us. I did not want anyone to teach us, it would be nice but that is not what I am asking.

Honestly, I think that is the most intelligent thing you've said since you've been on this site. If you decide to stick to learning rooting for an extended period of time, then I wish you the best of luck.

0 0

I have stuck to alot of stuff for an extended period of time.

0 0

I'm not using RTB or PullThePlug or anything like that Masta. They way I understood it is that we were both gonna set up testing boxes with vulnerabilities, then the other person has to find the vuln's on your box and try to root it.

I have a spare laptop with Ubuntu on it right now, I just need to make it vulnerable and then we can begin. Note: I'm not gonna tell you how it's vulnerable, you'll have to find that out on your own…

0 0

Yeah, that was what we are gonna do. But I though RTB PTP would be good to learn how todo those things.

0 0

Sounds good to me. I'd love to help out. I can teach some things along the way as well. I'm much better at rooting than web hacking.

Dont worry about the flames masta_hacks. Just keep on learning everything you can. Try to use it as motivation. Ill hit you and Skunk up on messenger.

nobody
0 0

Sounds great to me. Cant wait for it:D

0 0

count me in aswell :)

0 0

Can i join you guys ?

it seems like a fun idea :p

0 0

Skunk He wont get anywhere if you don't tell him. I spent 4 hours trying to teach this guy to root. After that we just managed to get past the Nmap and google for sploits skiddy-tastic phase. Then I gave up when he asked me what was the best command to scan a Host with in Nmap. Masta_Hacks the little respect i had for you is now lost. And if Santa does not like you no one will :D Here's A pistol and one bullet. I recomend you plant the latter in your skull.

0 0

SANTA resurfaces? I never thought I'd see the day…

Actually, that whole idea lasted like 3 days…if you think you can teach me something about rooting, then I'd love to learn it, but this whole plan to learn rooting failed miserably.

Banned
0 0

I spent 4 hours trying to teach this guy to root

Should I spend four hours explaining you that you can't learn "rooting" per sé?

It's a … collective skill, not one. It's like saying "I'm learning how to speak". You never just speak, you speak a language. Rooting requires many "languages", and the better you get with them the better you can root.

Now get root, go crazy. Speak.

...Legend?
0 0

Spyware for all the spelling corrections you always make for people please ensure you spell for like this FOUR. It has a U in it.

I know I probally made spelling mistakes in this reply, but I know how much spelling bothers you so I thought I'd show you that you slipt up.

Banned
0 0

A brave stance, you helped me indeed.

I always wonder how people can dodge the entire point of a message over one character though, while your point is certainly valid, it isn't needed or helpful for conversation's sake.

...Legend?
0 0

Your one to talk about invalid comment's, you manage to change the subject of any thread in to a flame war, just because I decided to hit out against you, you can't seem to take it.

Just following your lead.

Banned
0 0

What_A_Legend wrote: Your one to talk about invalid comment's, you manage to change the subject of any thread in to a flame war, just because I decided to hit out against you, you can't seem to take it.

Just following your lead.

It was a flame nor war. It was information regarding the discussed (subject)? I fail to see where I started this so-called flame war.

Please, converse about rooting.

0 0

Been reading Hacking exposed: Network security for a bit seems rather helpful. Then again i havent read other network security books. Just throught id throw it out there.

...Legend?
0 0

It was a flame nor war. It was information regarding the discussed (subject)? I fail to see where I started this so-called flame war.

Please, converse about rooting.

Did I say this thread? No Just look at some threads you posted in…. Flame after Flame.

Read.

Banned
0 0

What_A_Legend wrote: Did I say this thread? No Just look at some threads you posted in…. Flame after Flame.

Read.

Oh, accept my humble apology. It was clear that you were "cross-threading" a subject. Once again, sorry.

Now, let us discuss the real subject, rooting =].

0 0

can i also learn rooting

0 0

can i join the team ?

0 0

I'm new to rooting, but I'd like to join. It'd be a great motive to learn.

0 0

it seems that this community lacks somebody who knows enough about rooting to teach others.

ive seen so many projects get born and die about rooting, its very sad. and it also goes to show that there is a huge thirst for the knowledge, just nobody here who knows how to satisfy.

i think we need to find somebody who really truly deeply knows what he/she is talking about, and have them write some articles.

[edit] i also think its going to be hard to learn without somebody who knows what they are talking about, as a hand to guide is crucial for something this complicated. [/edit]

0 0

Hell yeah, rooting is my specialty :D. I've got 2 boxes running vulnerable distributions of Linux, I'll put them online for you guys to try on if you want, I can also do some tutorials. Actually, imma get crackin on an article for HBH on rooting, as has been mentioned above, there aren't very many people knowledgeable in rooting here. (That I know of). I'd love to help :D

0 0

aye, sounds good!

i believe an in-depth series of articles would be in order!

i hope this doesnt die like all the others, but i think other projects normally shoot for something far too complex. some good articles is a good, simple way of increasing rooting awareness and knowledge without involving too many people/boxes.

0 0

make sure you start from the beginning, and explain everything in a non-skiddy way as possible

you should pop me a copy of the articles before you submit them, im quite proficient with grammar and making them look shmexy, check out the ones ive written.

0 0

DigitalFire wrote: make sure you start from the beginning, and explain everything in a non-skiddy way as possible

you should pop me a copy of the articles before you submit them, im quite proficient with grammar and making them look shmexy, check out the ones ive written.

DigitalFire wrote: aye, sounds good!

i believe an in-depth series of articles would be in order!

i hope this doesnt die like all the others, but i think other projects normally shoot for something far too complex. some good articles is a good, simple way of increasing rooting awareness and knowledge without involving too many people/boxes.

Sounds good to me. And actually, for the more 'hackers' here who have a decent knowledge of coding shouldn't have too terribly much trouble following and actually learning well from my articles, most people I teach or help tend to learn pretty quick. This is something I definitly don't want to let die, as I think this would really help a lot of you break out of the realm of strictly 'web hacking'. Might take me a few days to get a nice draft written up though I've been up for a few days D: :ninja:

0 0

I haven't forgotten about you guys, I'm still working on the article. I gotta balance it with everything else I gotta do, I expect it to be written in the next 2 days max.

:(
80 120

Excellent. Rooting is something I've been meaning to learn forever now, but it's hard without someone who knows what's going on. Can't wait for this to come out. Thanks in advance.