Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Need help with directorys *im a noob

0 0

I cant see the directory i dont know how to see it,

example real challenge #1 i know that i need the directory to get the .txt file so i can edit it

to up my admin rights

and i know about injecting java & editing cookie

then refreshing and changing the value to $1

any help on how i can see the directory to get the text. do i need a program to view or addon to firefox?

0 0

do you mean this as in you dont know how to find directories in the URL or you simply cant find the right directory

0 0

i must agree your post is very confusing..

seems like you start to say something and then lost yourself that's why i read what i wrote before i hit the button

0 0

what i mean is i cant see the root directorys for example when i ftp my website i can see all the directorys all the files. but when i http my site i see just the website no root directorys no files…. see what i need is to see the root directory…. any ideas

BTW: im using firefox

0 0

hmmm…i will answer what i understood from your post… well…youre not supposed to see anydirectories in the rool only the index.php/htm/html or default.asp, etc…

this is the was i see it !?!?!

0 0

not all only the ones with linked files and that aren't restricted

you can't view the index of a site if it has indexing off and even when on if he has an index.htm/php/etc file on that dir you won't be able to see the index.

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote: If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to view all the files and directories available to you on a particular website. If this is what you mean, then you can use a website spider, such as http://www.hellboundhackers.org/downloads.php?cat_id=8&download_id=9 Intellitamper to view such files and folders…

unfortunately, even this won't work most of the time.

especially with challenges on this site, in my opinion and experience.

0 0

sry; edited: do you mean "index of/"?

0 0

yes when indexing is on the server generates an index page with links for all the files inside, and it will have "index of" on the title yeah..

even then secure files like .htaccess won't show up

the only way to get decent results is to use a spider that also bruteforces common dirs..

search for wikto, windows version of nicko, but not just a port it's a really decent program

0 0

the only way to get decent results is to use a spider that also bruteforces common dirs..

won't always work…

and you can use Google: "site:shit.etc filetype:ini" :D