Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

computer lab, need help

0 0

Hi, I am in high school and I am in a web site development class and its super easy. I have had extra time to mess around and try to do things with the computers. I have been trying to communicate with all the other computers in the lab. My friend said use Run then type telnet then he said he didnt know what to do after that. Does anoyone know how I could talk to all the computers in my computer lab? Do you use Run then type telnet or is there another way? All I want to do is have a simple message pop up on everyones screen saying hi. Please help me.

0 0

LMAO…telnet…

Use net send.

Im actually not quite sure how net send works, as ive never done it, but i ASSUME that all you do is…

start run cmd (gets you to the command prompt)(or however you want to get there)

do:

net send [message]

Ok, assuming that all the computers are inter-connected on one network, it will not only send hi to all the computers in the lab, but to the entire school. (put your message where [message] is. Omit the []'s)

Banned
0 0

msg * Hi

Simple as that.

BC

0 0

mess around with this:

net user - Net User let's you see the all the hostnames of the computers in your network. using net user, you can pick individual computers to send the message to.

net send - sends a message to a specified computer. If you want to send a message to all computers in the network, then user the * symbol.

Basic syntax: net send [hostname] [message]

So, if you wanted to send a message to everyone in your computer lab, then type:

net send * "[message here]"

If you want to target one person, then replace the * symbol with their hostname.

0 0

im in web design class also in my high school, and ive tried this. but wen i type net users to see who is on the network, only my comp shows up…..y is this?

Lover of Parkour
0 0

That most likely means that you are on a switched network or you aren't networked together at all…normally it also means you have a smart admin.

...Legend?
0 0

if your using a windows system set up hyperterminal then you can communicate p2p

0 0

Most computer labs will ban Net-Send from the users after people start using batch files to flood PC's with messages. There isn't really a use for netsend. When they did that at my school (3 years ago) I just made a PHP script to chat with my friends. If you want my version (old and sloppy) I will send it to you (PM me.)

0 0

Wow you guys post really fast, this is a sweet website. I will try net send and some of the other ways you guys said on monday. I will probley try it first at my church though, lol. I have one more question, to send to an individual computer, you have to know the ip address for the computer right? And if so can I find that out from my computer? Thanks for the replys.

The Manager
0 0

I have a PHP based chat system that you can have the code for. as long as your computer is running PHP then you just get your local IP address (start/run/cmd/ipconfig) and then you can set up your server, tell all your friends to go to the website http://ipaddresshere:iis/apache port here

If you want to see what it looks like let me know and I will move it to a shared location on my server http://aldarhawk.homelinux.org.

If you have any questions at all give me a shout.

0 0

hey smack dont forget that if it doesnt work or if it says access is denied to try logging on as the admin then try the process. oh and tell me when you get it.

0 0

hackncrack wrote: hey smack dont forget that if it doesnt work or if it says access is denied to try logging on as the admin then try the process. oh and tell me when you get it.

thatll be nice logging in as my admin….ill make sure to tell you when i manage that…

0 0

Folk Theory, what do you mean by your last post

0 0

gmail.com, then use the chat system. send me a message for an invite. Or install a chatbox or chatroom or something on your home box and have people go to that.

Web design classes in high schools are jokes. Spend the time learning more about client side scripting instead of wasting it net send spamming :)

0 0

folk theory, it kinda of a inside joke since we both go to the same school and we know the admin password. and i tryed useing net send on admin and it says it sent but nothing happens to any of the computers.

0 0

smack300 wrote: to send to an individual computer, you have to know the ip address for the computer right?

No, it's enough if you just know the other person's username ;) For example: NET SEND jimmy01 Hey man how's it going?

0 0

alright ill try it but i think our teachers got smart and stoped it from happening but i got no clue how they did it